Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPoX EP-8K5A2+ (KT333) Motherboard

EPoX Releases the EP-8K5A2+ mainboard

Jul. 8th, 2002, Taipei, Taiwan (R.O.C.) – The progress of PC is nonstop. DDR333 became the mainstream, and USB2.0 steps up as a necessity. To meet this trend, VIA introduces its newest super south bridge-VT8235. VT8235 supports USB2.0 and 8X V-link, and Ethernet Mac that enriches the specification of KT333 chipset.

EPoX’s newest EP-8K5A2+ is based on KT333 chipset paired with VT8235 in south bridge. It offers the features that everyone has been long waiting for, the USB 2.0 and built-in LAN connector. This 8K5A2+ has one the highest specifications among all the KT333 mainboards currently available in the market.

The Boldest Specifications:
    EP-8K5A2+ is designed support the newest AMD Socket A processor. It features 3 PC 2700 DDR memory slots, up to 3GB of memories, 6 PCI slots, 1 4X AGP, built in 6-channel audio, USB 2.0 on SB, EPoX’s onboard debugger post card, 2 extra IDE ports by High Point 372 and 10/100MB fast Ethernet controller in chipset with external VIA VT6103 physical Layer by RJ-45 connector.

Fastest Overclocking Capabilities:
    EPoX is well known for its capabilities to consistently produce overclocking and stable mainboards over the years. EPoX tradition is once again proven with its newest EP-8K5A2+ mainboard. With its target intended for the High End Performance PC market, it also delivers superb over-clocking abilities for the gamers by having both adjustable CPU Vcore and CPU Clock functions. EPoX has also made both the memory and AGP voltage to be adjustable for users’ enjoyment. In addition to boost up performance, EPoX also consider the safety for the pricey computer equipment. EPoX’s newest system monitoring function “Magic Health” will show you the vital signs of the system’s main components, which can help you manage the computer system accurately.

Added Value Functions:
    The EP 8K5A2+ is built with the High Point 372 chip, which supports IDE RAID 0, 1, 0+1 to enable the hard disks backup and increases performance. To improve the efficiency of installation, EPoX 2 digit debug LED enable users to diagnose and correct any installation error quickly and efficiently.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Now I've found the starting point of PC No.5. :devil:

Sweeeeeeet

....I do like those EPox boards

you would have thought they'd have moved the power supply connector by now...:rolleyes:

Sweet MOBO ...don't you think EPoX should switch to a fan chipset cooler...: peace2:
    - Damien

Does anyone know if the "Magic Health" includes thermal diode protection (like COP or Burnshield on other brand MBs)?

Well, apparently that chipset doesn't make alot of heat. Plus, the serious OC'er is going to replace it anyways.

Ren: I highly doubt Epox would leave it out on a board designed for the enthusiast.

when is the board due out i didn't find it at pricewatch
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

Those boards are due at end of the month according to Inquirer:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4352

They also say there will be a S-ATA variant as well. The Epox US a while back also said (before they took it off for some reason) that 8K3A+ will be replaced with 8K3A2+ at end of July and have USB 2.0 and Lan.

That's right it was originally called 8K3A2+ not 8K5A2+. I guess it sound better ;).

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=8K...oe=UTF-8&hl=en

In any case, as long as it does have thermal diode, it be the one I get when I upgrade, hopefully before UT2003 comes out in August.

Well in fact for manufacturers to have an AMD approved board now they must support the inbuilt temp sensor and after having a close look inside the socket I can't see any temp sensor in there. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information