Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPoX EP-8RGA+ (nVidia nForce2)

EPoX’s first NVIDIA nForce2 IGP/MCP-T motherboard -EP- 8RGA+

EPoX’s endeavor to provide users with a combination of cutting-edge system performance and industry-leading motherboard technology has yielded yet another exciting product. EPoX, whose name has become synonymous with quality and performance, upholds this paradigm with the release of the NVIDIA nForce2 -based EPoX 8RGA+ for today’s fastest AMD Athlon XP and Thoroughbred processors. The NVIDIA nForce2 enhances upon the trendy and ultra-fast nForce predecessor. EPoX will take this to a whole new level by delivering unparalleled performance, the most robust feature set, and a definitive multimedia experience to the mainboard industry with the 8RGA+. This motherboard is a must have for the overclocking enthusiasts and the everyday user alike!

July 16, 2002, Taipei, Taiwan (R.O.C.)- Last year, NVIDIA astounded the world with the introduction of their exceptional nForce motherboard chipset to accompany the fine AMD Athlon processors. NVIDIA spiced up the mainboard industry with superior performance and a speedier GeForce2-powered integrated video. The new nForce2 will make the proven nForce chipset even faster and better. Now, EPoX, as a tier-1 manufacturer, partners with NVIDIA to bring the ultimate gaming revelation. Additionally, EPoX combines the best-integrated NVIDIA GeForce4 MX, USB 2.0, IEEE1394a (Firewire), Dual-LAN support to provide users with one of the best mainboards or even game serverboards on the market.

The Finest Specifications:

Targeted at the high-end/performance sector, the EP-8RGA+ is designed with the NVIDIA nForce2 IGP northbridge and MCP-T to harness the speed of AMD's latest Thoroughbred processor through HyperTransport technology. EP-8RGA+ features an integrated NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics core, 3 memory slots for up to 3GB of DDR400 memory based on NVIDIA’s revolutionary Dual-DDR Architecture, 6 PCI slots, a useful Smart card interface for memory sticks, and a ground-breaking 8X AGP slot. Moreover, the southbridge MCP-T supports Dolby Digital 5.1 interactive content audio, and the fastest UDMA ATA133. It is also equipped with dual-LAN via 3-Com and NVIDIA ethernet controllers for an instant network access. In addition, the onboard IEEE1394a (Firewire) and USB 2.0 support the latest digital devices, and finally all the overclocking tweaks an enthusiast can dream for.

Overclocking and Stability:

Enthusiasts value EPoX’s quality motherboards because they have an awesome overclocking potential, while maintaining impeccable system stability. EPoX continues this tradition by giving the 8RGA+ support for all the voltage and clock adjustments one will need to break speed barriers with. The EPoX 8RGA+ offers fantastic overclocking features like modifiable CPU, memory, and AGP operating voltages plus CPU Clock functions in the BIOS for the enthusiast’s convenience. While EPoX’s users can also take advantage of the Magic Health function which monitors all the vital functions of a system would need. For more information regarding this product, please contact our sales near you.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Intresting heatsink. I believe I see dual VGA ports, a la GF4 MX.

Don't like the ATX connector though:thumbs do

no raid? interesting to note how they ship gf4 mx's with hsf, and yet slap on a passive heatsink to the igp, altho one could argue that the fan does little...

Strange I didn't pick up on that myself. The "+" on EPoX boards usually means it includes RAID - Maybe the picture we were supplied was of the standard version.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

But then the 8KHA+ wasn't a RAID board. ;)

That's why I said usually... :)
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

LOOK is that A CHIPSET FAN?

The "e" on the HS reminds me of emachines' logo...i was like "ahhh" for a moment there.
    - Damien

Beefy Guest

Very similar to the 8RDA+... (picture courtesy of Anandtech.com)

Picture taken from the Regent Formosa in Taipei :laugh:
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Beefy Guest

why yes, yes it was.. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information