Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Intellimouse Optical with New Features

Never have used the glide tapes. What do they do exactly?

The recent versions of the MS mice do come with glide tape as standard. The early models had little rubber pads that didn't slide very well.

Dr. Peter... it is just a method of reducing friction.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

From the picture it looks as if the glide tape has been applied over the little plastic feet.

Yea, some people apply it anyways.

To clairfy, I meant the new ones come with glide tape pieces ON the feet. Not just a batent strip of it across the bottom of the mouse.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Oh, so this was a mod on this mouse then?

Well, if putting some special tape on the bottom of your mouse is a mod, then yea.. it is...

OK, I was just confused. I thought that he was saying that this was one of the improvements.

Some do consider it an improvement, and it was with the older MS optical mice, because they didn't come with the fancy slippery tape as Standard.

Having never used the tape, I am curious. Does it need to be replaced periodically to be its most effective?

Well I went out and got the dark metalic grey version of the IntelliMouse Explorer Ver 3.0A and I'm hopin' that it's a pretty good match for the Antec 1080B AMG case that's comin'. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information