Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GigaByte GA7-VAXP Motherboard supporting AGP 8X and DDR400

Gigabyte today announces the latest VIA KT400 chipset based platform - GA7-VAXP. The first KT400 Chipset based motherboard in the world, unprecedented AMD Athlon XP Platform supporting DDR400 and AGP 8x ahead of any other manufacturer. GA-7VAXP is designed to meet the demands of present and future application needs, offering a variety of news and unique features that maximizes performance and stability. The GA-7VAXP is based on the previous power and reliability the VIA Apollo KT333, the VIA KT400 further raises the performance bar on Athlon XP and AMD Duron prcoessor based systems. Supporting AMD's latest 0.13 micron-process Technology.

Main Specification
    Socket A for AMD Athlon™ XP/AMD Athlon™ /Duron™ processors
    World leading DDR 400 memory support
    Supports AGP 8x interface for high quality graphics performance
    Provides 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports / 3 IEEE 1394 ports
    Promise advanced ATA 133 RAID 0,1 support
    Integrated high quality 6 channels AC97 audio
    Integrated Ethernet 10/100Mb LAN on board
    Round corner PCB plate design for better solidness, better appearance
    GIGABYTE patented Dual BIOS technology
    Rich in overclocking features.
    Easytune™ 4, Q-Flash™, @BIOS™

DDR400 Ready
    A new breakthrough in DDR memory reaching 400Mhz (DDR400), the GA-7VAXP is the first VIA chipset to feature DDR400 memory offering 25% more memory bandwidth to the CPU. The board provides system bus bandwidth up to 4.2GB/s available with 3 DIMM slots supporting up to 4GB of DDR400/333.

Supports AGP 8X
    AGP 8X is recognised as the natural progression beyong AGP 4X. The GA-7VAXP offers AGP8X Support out of the box.

Promise RAID+ATA133 IDE Controllers, IEEE 1394, MS, SD and SCR Ready
    With Promise 20276 chip, GA-7VAXP provides not only RAID 0 (Striping) or RAID 1 (Mirroring) function, through GIGABYTE's smart-BIOS technology. The board provides additional two IDE ATA -133/100 connectors to support up to eight ATA-100 IDE devices. The board also uses VIA's latest VT8235 south bridge, offering six USB 2.0 ports. It also comes with 3 IEEE1394 ports.
    Other features of the board include DUAL BIOS technology, Easy Tune 4, Q-Flash (Dual BIOS Utility) @BIOS and Face Wizard.

6 Channel AC'97 Audio Codec
    The ALC650 incorporates convertor technology to achieve a high SNR greater then 90 dB. The ALC650 AC'97 Codec provides two paid of stereo outputs with independent volume controls, mono outpur and multiple stereo outputs. The Realtek ALC650 allows users to enjoy real life surround sounds from SP/DIF output during watching DVD or playing games.

You beat me to it Wiggo... :p
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

so when will it be in stores ????:confused: :?:

I'd give it another month or so.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

aarrrhhhh.....:thumbs do

i'm getting desperate. :cry:

I have been to gigabytes web site, and cannot find this motherboard. I find that strange, maybe I am just a blind fool ! Does any one have a link?

http://www.umart.com.au/index2.phtml?bid=3

Apparently Umart in Sydney will have this board soon. The are taking pre-orders and its $A270 (vs. $A205 for the VRXP).

Now, if this arrives in Oz shops before Epox 8K5A2+ I'll be a little upset :(

The Epox WILL be available here won't it or will they just skip it and release the KT400 boards instead??

A review of this baby will be up on TweakTown very shortly

I have one in my grubby little hands right now :)
    Cameron Johnson
    Senior Hardware Reviewer
    TweakTown

hopefully this board will not need 500 revisions like the other gigabyte board that I have been reading about. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information