Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New KT400 boards from Iwill

IWILL KK400 Series with DDR400, AGP8x and Serial ATA Lead You to Super-speed Digital World!

High-end motherboard manufacturer, IWILL Corporation, launches its latest Socket A platform motherboard, KK400 series. KK400 series, with VIA KT400 chipset, support DDR 400/333/266 DRAM up to 3GB and AGP8x that achieves 2.1GB/s bandwidth. KK400 series are also integrated with Serial ATA interface to show you the great performance of this new storage technology! Besides, IWILL KK400 series are also the members of FI series motherboards that support FI Panel to provide the frequently used IO connectors on the front panel.

DDR400 (PC3200) gives you extreme speed for data transfer
    Powered by VIA KT400 chipset, IWILL KK400 series supports DDR400 which gives you 3.2GB/s of data transfer rate; therefore it’s also called PC3200. The memory configurations make the platform an ideal choice for the increased demands of memory-intensive applications. DDR400 brings higher speed needed to keep up with advanced processors and graphics chips.

AGP8x offers perfect graphics solution
    AGP8x (AGP3.0) offers the bandwidth for graphics data channel between GPU and the north bridge which doubles that of AGP4x. AGP8x works at 533MHz and support up to 2.1GB/s bandwidth, ensuring faster and better video graphics performance. Compared to its prototype, PCI bus, which transfers data once per system clock, AGP8X runs eight times faster. IWILL KK400 series, with bandwidth of 2.1GB per second offered by AGP8x, enable users to enjoy great graphical experience, especially in 3D gaming.

Serial ATA presents high-speed internal data transfer interface
    IWILL shows its superior competence to support the latest storage interface technology, Serial ATA. Serial ATA is designed to address many limitations of the parallel ATA and provides higher data transfer rate with lower voltage and thinner cable. Following the trend, IWILL KK400-S and KK400-RS with Serial ATA on board will satisfy your need for latest storage interface and show you the great performance of this new technology!

RAID improves data availability and reliability
    RAID is an evolving storage technology that offers significant advantages in performance, capacity, reliability, and scalability to meet enterprise requirement in mass data storage. The concept is to combine multiple small, inexpensive disk drives into an array which appear to the computer as a single logical storage unit or drive. IWILL KK400-R and KK400-RS integrated RAID controller that is designed for users to improve data availability and reliability.

FI Panel provides easiest and fastest I/O access
    IWILL KK400 series belong to the IWILL FI series motherboards that support FI Panel to provide the frequently used IO connectors on the front panel. It is a hassle-free and user-friendly design to make the system more accessible. FI Panel possesses front connection designed for audio connector, flash memory card reader, wireless controllers, and IO connectors such as USB 2.0. With the IWILL FI Panel, users no longer need to hassle in looking for rear-side connectors for their multimedia devices.

USB2.0 brings new experience for PC peripherals and digital devices
    USB is a plug-and play interface between computer and add-on devices such as audio players, joysticks, keyboards, scanners, and printers. Current USB1.1 can support data speed up to 12Mbps, which is not fast enough to support devices requiring more bandwidth. With 480Mbps data transfer rate, USB2.0 provides data transfer bandwidth 40 times higher than USB1.1. IWILL KK400 series provide 6 USB2.0 ports for your digital life!

IPS (IWILL Processor Shelter) protects your processor from overheat
    IPS is a function for processors protection. In the new AMD Athlon MP and Athlon XP processor, AMD designed the overheat protection feature to work with special designed motherboard that when the processor temperature rises to its limitation, the system will shut down immediately to protect the processor from burning out.

With 6-Channel sound ready, KK400 brings wonderful sound environment
    Onboard 6-Channel Sound is one appreciable feature that IWILL Corporation intends to propose for customer's convenience. IWILL KK400 series are equipped with Realtek ALC605, a 6-Channel sound controller with S/PDIF; also supports Microsoft GS, Direct 3D, and has embedded amp. With this exclusive feature, users can indulge themselves in their favorite CDs, MDs, DVDs, LPs, and Movies surrounded by digital quality sound environment.

KK400 series key features:
    Support AMD Duron, Athlon and Athlon XP processor
    VIA KT400 + VT 8235 chipset
    100MHz/133MHz/166MHz System Bus
    3 DIMMs that support DDR400/333/266/200 SDRAM up to 3GB
    Ultra ATA 133/100/66/33
    IDE RAID (KK400-R, KK400-RS)
    One AGP8x/4x slot
    5x PCI 32bit/33MHz slots
    One Internal Serial ATA connector (KK400-S, KK400-RS)
    Integrated Realtek ALC650 audio controller that supports 6-channel audio
    Support 6 USB2.0 port (2 for FI Panel)
    Adjustable Vcore for overclocking capability
    Support FI Panel
    ATX form factor

About IWILL
    Since 1989, IWILL Corporation has evolved into an industry leader in the development of Workstation, Server, and IPC motherboards; also 1U, 2U and 4U rack solutions. Involved in both pioneering and innovating new products based on technologies such as SCSI, IDE RAID, Double Data Rate (DDR) and RDRAM, IWILL has quickly become a high profile strategic partner for Manufacturers as Intel, AMD, Qlogic, and Adaptec. IWILL “Firsts” include: First Intel and AMD DDR motherboards, and Launch partner for Dual Intel® Xeon Workstation motherboard.
    IWILL Corporate headquarters is located in Taiwan with offices in USA, Japan, Korea, and China. In the year of 2002, IWILL has a mission to provide "Best Dual-Processor Architecture". To increase the performance and stability of the system from mass processing and multiple requests, IWILL DP Solutions offer the best level of performance, scalability and productivity. For more information, please visit IWILL’s website http://www.iwill.net
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Does anyone know when all these "KT400" mainboards will be available ?? As i'm "dying to upgrade", but I want to wait until AGP8x is available so that I won't have to upgrade again in 6 months when I upgrade my video card to an ATI 9700 or nVidia NV30. plz help thx...

Also see http://www.msi.com.tw/html/newsrelea..._0603_6590.htm
    for the MSI KT400 Ultra press release:thumb:

So the RAID Contoller supports S-ATA?...and those the new GeForce support AGP 8x?...just wondering thanx...the board rocks...just wanna see the new AMD on a puppy like that...WOOT!
    - Damien

sooo, the Raid controller supports Serial ATA then ? sounds interesting...

by the way, what does "WOOT" mean ? i know i'm a newbie and all, but..

aka woohooo
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

ya, i don't think that the SATA supports RAID...if you look at the board above (KK400-RS), you will see that the board has 1 header for SATA, 1 header for RAID, and 2 headers for IDE, plus 1 header for a floppy drive, all on the same board. so to me, that would mean that it's not a "SATA-RAID" board...

I might be wrong on this...:confused:

WTF? Why only one channel of ATA/1xx RAID? That's just plain goofy. We need an indian (Native American, not India Indian) in the smilies...
    Thomas Simmons
    Just some guy

Yea i know only one RAID channel...what is that?...what if you want to do a RAID_0 setup?...you can't.
    - Damien

The 2nd port is a S-ATA port. There will be S-ATA to 40-pin ATA converters, so you likely will be able to use both channels. I also see they are using a HighPoint controller there---which is very good since they are more veratile than Promise.

Thread Information