Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD K8 + K400 MoBo + Nforce2???

now were getting somewhere - so if my intel stuff is good now (well i love it!) and i could go out for a athlon 2600 or something - what do i run in the meatime till the (gulp) k9's come out? bo i just sit back and ride it out - like buy a laptop or something - cause im not an idiot - but i kinda want a new pc to play with - as you can see i have a un over clockable monster !!! - 3dmark2001se :8913

If I was you I'd stick with what ya have atm but maybe consider a motherboard replacement with something like the EPoX EP-4G4A and see what that 1.8GHz P4 really can do. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well that sound great except for the junk i just read in pc world daily news about xp sp-1 being a little too familiar with what you are running
    - i guess if you replace a mobo it give you a 3 day grace period ( are you gaping yet?) to run your stuff till it locks up - assuming you put xp in a different pc and forcing you to contact them to set it straight - all fine and good for a genuine key guy - you know im starting to like my xp pro less and less - i dont use its feature and i own home so there would be no hassles

check out the maddnes at

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/...090902x,00.asp

:shoot3:

Until M$ can deliver a propper service pack I would only ever install them on a fresh os install to minimize any problems being caused. ;)

Not havin' to worry about the activation process myself I forget that others do but then wouldn't 20-35% faster system be worth the upgade, a fresh install and a fresh activation? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

so how do i go about that now? - i only have one 100 gb hdd - and its 67% full - how would i fresh install my home again - and then properly upgrade the service pack - id assume id have to wait for my wd 100gb JB hdd to pull that off maybe even have a new mobo? am i mistaken - i have like 15 gigs of music and 11 gigs of pictures it would be a shame to loose stuff just to bechmark faster - right?:shoot3:

I think that ya have the time to back them all up first. ;)

With the time that you have spent getting all of the music and pictures on your hd, you should have a backup anyway. It would be worth a Saturday afternoon to sit down with a 50 pack of cdrs to make sure you don't lose everything to a hd failure or virus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information