Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New motherboards from Epox

EPoX’s KT400 product- EP-8K9A2+, EP-8K9A3+

Sept. 23rd, ’02, Taiwan - VIA’s new generation chipset KT400 provides lightning fast access to system memory and delivers more performance by supporting DDR200/266/333 SDRAM memory and a full range of 200/266MHz Processor Bus AMD Athlon™ XP and AMD Duron™ processors. Most importantly, KT400 is connected to the VIA VT8235 South Bridge by an enhanced 8X V-Link connection transferring data at 533MB/s, four times the speed of the conventional PCI bus. It enables a more balance system configuration and breaks through the performance bottleneck.

EPoX has very high reputation in Socket A platform. Following the success of it KT333 motherboard, EP-8K3A+, EPoX launches its KT400 based product, EP-8K9A series. In this series, EPoX focus in 2 models: EP-8K9A2+ and EP-8K9A3+.

EP-8K9A2+ features 6 PCI slots, 1 AGP 8X slot, and 4 DDR DIMM for PC2700 Memory DRAM sized 64MB to 4GB. As EPoX always focus on high-end market, there are new connection interfaces are built in. By the south bridge 8235 it supports 6 USB2.0 connectors. It’s also built with Serial ATA by Silicon Image Sil3112a chip to support up to two Serial ATA devices. The peak bandwidth of it is 150MB/sec (1.5Gbps serial transfer). The Integrate 10/100Mb fast Ethernet controller, VIA 6103, supports LAN function by RJ-45 connector. It’s also built with HPT372 chipset for Ultra DMA-133 & IDE RAID (0, 1, 0+1) x 2 (Up to 4 Devices)

EP-8K9A3+ is also aiming in the high end users and with very similar specification with 8K9A2+. Instead of featuring HPT372 IDE RAID and Serial ATA, EP-8K9A3+ features HPT374 chip that supports extra dual channel IDE Port with Ultra DMA-133 & IDE RAID x 4 (Up to 8 Devices). HP374 also supports JBOD function (Just Bunch One-Disk).

Both of the above 2 models with no exception have strong overclockability. The CPU Vcore and clock can also be adjustable by BIOS with the maximum range, same as the voltage of AGP and memory. Besides, to protect the system from any damage caused by overclocking, Magic Health, EPoX’s exclusive innovation is also standby. Users can monitor the system status while boot-up the system. The useful on board debug device – Post port also helps users to correct the installation error by the code showed on the 2 LED.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

EPoX Highly Extreme Performance Board EP-4PEA+ & 4GEA+

GE and PE platform will fully support the newest generation technology Hyper-Threading for multitasking feature.
    01-10-2002 – After the great success of the board EP-4G4A+ and EP-4BEAR, EPoX spent more effort on Intel platform to focus on the next generation chipset 845PE and i845GE. Especially when Intel try to make the new feature of CPU Hyper-Threading embedded into the Pentium 4, it will need motherboard more support for the voltage and the new spec.FMB2 to make the system stable. Hyper-Threading is Intel's new microprocessor technology to implement SMT ( Simultaneous Multi Threading). It makes a single processor look like two processors to the operating system and can considerably accelerate the performance of a multi-threaded application. The original technology of Hyper-Threading was applied in Intel's XEON processors from the CeBit fair in March 2002. But right now Intel also pulling this feature in Intel Pentium 4 and position it as the performance level for the desktop PC. In stead of CPU, Intel also released the i845PE and i845GE platform to meet this needs. EP-4PEA+ and EP-4GEA+ are the board that EPoX made for.
    The outstanding performance board EP-4PEA+ including many good functions on board. It can fully support DDR333 memory up to 2GB and also 533MHz FSB. With the originally function of Intel south bridge ICH4, EP-4PEA also provides the USB2.0 for up to the speed of 480MB/sec. It also integrates 10/100Mb fast Ethernet controller in Realtek RTL8100B LAN chipset by RJ-45 connector, and supporting extra IDE ports by HPT372 with Ultra DMA-133 & IDE RAID (0, 1, 0+1) x 2 (Up to 4 Devices). Most of all, for following the trend of HD in the future, we also include the S-ATA port on the board and provided by Silicon Image Sil3112A controller. Also for the IEEE1394 to fulfill the needs of the DV user to link to the DV device. Only the different function of EP-4PEA+ and EP-4GEA+ is
    Ep-4GEA+ is using the Intel i845GE chipset embedded with the Intel Extreme Graphic.

For the advance feature of the performance support, EPoX release the EP-4PEA+ and EP-4GEA+ to meet the needs of the high end market for the Intel Pentium 4 field. Base on the traditional feature of EPoX board, we also create a lot of good function on EP-4PEA+ and EP-4GEA+ like power user oriented BIOS for ov erclocking feature ---CPU Vcore, DDR SDRAM voltage and AGP voltage adjusted , CPU clock and AGP clock adjustable and so on. Except of the feature that we mentioned earlier, This time we also introduce the newest feature to eye-catch the user’s eye, “Magic Light”. This is truly the most fantastic feature that built in EP-4GEA+ and EP-4PEA+. It was made by two Blue light LED by the cooling FAN and mounted on the ironic heatsink. Especially when you make your chassis transparent, the Magic Light will light on all the space with the cool blue color. Also include the lighting LED Debug traditional function “Post Port” , make EPoX as the most lightful board in the rest of this year.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Ohhh like the sound of the new P4 boards!
    Finally official support for DDR333
    I see that the new Epox P4 boards now have the 4 pin power plug on it now whereas the 4g4a didnt. Was there not enough power supplied to the board with the 4g4a??
    But either way i think i'll wait till those boards come out before getting a new compter! :D

Oh any idea when they will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by buckchoi
    Ohhh like the sound of the new P4 boards!
    Finally official support for DDR333
    I see that the new Epox P4 boards now have the 4 pin power plug on it now whereas the 4g4a didnt. Was there not enough power supplied to the board with the 4g4a??
    But either way i think i'll wait till those boards come out before getting a new compter! :D

Oh any idea when they will be released?
    My guess would be the newer Intel chipsets require a bit more power. They will be released in about a month.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

The funny thing is that the KT400 boards have been displayed on their website for a couple of weeks now. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    The funny thing is that the KT400 boards have been displayed on their website for a couple of weeks now. :?:
    Really? I was just sent the press releases over the past couple of days.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hope they dont chop out the 3:4 memory ratio in favour of 4:5 only (for DDR 333)

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    Mr.Tweak[/size]]
    Really? I was just sent the press releases over the past couple of days.
    Yeah as I've posted the link to them a few times here lately with ppl askin' why EPoX hasn't offered their KT400 yet. But they do have the press release up for them now on their site. :confused:

hehe, yeah they have been on their page for a while. Look nice though. they look sweet. :p

Hey is it standard for the intel based boards to not have active cooling on the N. bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    hehe, yeah they have been on their page for a while. Look nice though. they look sweet. :p

Hey is it standard for the intel based boards to not have active cooling on the N. bridge?
    Yes, but they can get VERY hot if you go to ~3000Mhz + overclocked :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information