Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Shuttle Announces XPC SB51G, “HyperThreading™ in a Cube”

Shuttle Inc., a leading provider of innovative motherboards, barebones, and accessories, today announced the latest addition to its growing line of XPC small form factor barebones. The Shuttle XPC SB51G, successor to the world’s famous XPC SS51G, advances Shuttle’s small form factor leadership yet again. As the originator of the small form factor barebones concept, Shuttle leads the market in terms of both sales and innovation.

The Shuttle XPC SB51G leverages the new Intel® i845GE chipset to achieve new levels of performance and integration. The Intel® i845GE, when coupled with Shuttle’s high quality 6 layer motherboard design and manufacturing, guarantees the best in stability, reliability and longevity.

Measuring only 300mm (L) by 200mm (H) by 185mm (W), the XPC SB51G is the smallest full featured Pentium 4 system available. The XPC SS51G, like the entire XPC series, sets high end desktops as its feature target, not low end set top boxes and slim PCs. To this end, the XPC SB51G supports a incredible array of features, including:

HyperThreading™

The Shuttle XPC SB51G is the first small form factor PC to support Intel’s HyperThreading™ technology, which allows the use of two virtual processors with only a single Intel® Pentium® 4 processor. This allows significant performance increases in applications optimized for dual processors.

Shuttle I.C.E.

The XPC SB51G incorporates Shuttle’s patented Integrated Cooling Engine™ technology, which allows the XPC SB51G to not only be the world’s most powerful small form factor PC, but also one of the quietest. Shuttle I.C.E. technology removes the need for a processor fan with the use of heat pipe technology, significantly cutting down on fan noise while effectively cooling high speed Intel® Pentium® 4 processors.

Extreme Connectivity and Upgradeability

Like all XPC’s, the SB51G offers the best in external and internal connectivity. Technologies such as IEEE-1394 Firewire™, USB2.0, Intel® Extreme Graphics™, the latest 400 and 533MHz Intel® Pentium® 4 processors, high fidelity 5.1 channel sound with optical SPDIF in and out, dual ATA100 channels, up to 2 gigabytes of the latest DDR333 memory, 10/100 Ethernet, up to two standard 3.5” hard disks and one 5.25” optical drive, and 1/1 full size AGP/PCI expansion.

According to Tom’s Hardware, “Verdict: “Mini” has maxi future. The performance of the ultra-compact PC system is no small feat: equipped in the THG lab with ingredients such as Intel P4/2533, GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and DDR333 RAM, the Shuttle can easily take on high-performance big towers. Computers in the discount class don't have a chance.”

The Shuttle XPC SB51G is sampling now, and will be available starting November 2002.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

One word, Wierd.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

I think it looks nice!

One would be good in the loungeroom as part of the AV setup. ;)

Arrrgh right again Wiggo. That would be pretty cool to have setup there...

I for one want one, it would be perfect in my bedroom... :)
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

hmm, the perfect place for that puppy is in the bathroom. Go in for a nice sit down, and come out more educated. Do the posting thing from your john! Nice!:geek:

That's a goo idea. Post around the clock...

And wouldn't be a bad LAN setup for those with full sized home rigs. ;)

Well it wouldn't strain ya back
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wireless LAN or Bluetooth'n it would be nice... :)
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Thread Information