Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gyromouse

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    oh man lol I wonder what technology is gonna come up with next...

non touchable keyboards? and you just "emulate" the typing?

they are selling some kind of a keyboard where its displayed onto your desk with a little projector and then it records your finger moves and that is how it knows what button you have pressed sorry no pic on this one

A few years ago (umm quite a few years ago i think) i saw a base less joy stick, it just picked up which way it was being tilted i think.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

yeah, what maxpowers said. There is a keyboard in the works that will be using a litght source....there will be no keys...so you will be able to type anywhere!! Think it is kind of cool! :thumb:

I've tried such a keyboard and it is quite a weird experience. Just think of it as tapping on your desk. For users who have been using keyboards for years and got used to the spring loaded keys that absorb their strokes some agony might be involved (after several hours your fingers hurt).

It's a good idea... I think, but I see one big problem with it, when the cursor gets to the end of any side of the screen, how in the heck do you stop it from losing it's centre point? If you keep accidently going too far on the edge of the screen, your centre point'll be moved away from your desktop to somewhere else.

Also, it'll be bad for gamers, because you'll want to look all the way round all the time, and be able to spin around as many times as you want, with this, you'll only be able to do this once without it going further than your desk, that's why mouse-balls and short-range optical mice are better than this wacky thought-less thing.

Don't you notice while you're playing a 3D first-person game, that when you turn, you sometimes lift the mouse and place it down on the other side of the mat so you can turn further? You won't be able to do that with this thing, as it'll still move in the air.

I hope that was worded properly, and understandable.

I thought the same of games that supported a mouse fifteen years ago, then most of the games were played using a joystick and keyboard ...

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    I think the whole point was not to use it with a desktop. It's made for a TV PC and wireless kb that you can sit on your couch and surf the internet on your 36" while watching the game in PiP. Or fer business presentations.
    Damn straight thats what this product is aimed at

i reckon it would be mad for lounge PC'ing

i have a PC in the lounge we use to watch movies, and atm it has a handheld wired mouse that uses a trackball so as to avoid need for mousing surface, this gyro thing would be one better than a wireless version of my current mouse. mind u i tried this handheld trackball mouse in a game of DoD and it sucks for gaming :D
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by sKuLLsHoT
    mind u i tried this handheld trackball mouse in a game of DoD and it sucks for gaming :D
    was it really the mouse that sucked???

if i had a big screen tv and a high speed internet connection to call my own (or my own house to put them in for that matter, but im working on that) id buy this mouse. Set it up as the interent pc for all to use, or for surfing while i want to watch tv or whatever.... i dont always like sitting in front of this damn monitor, you know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information