Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cooler Master HAC-V81 "XDream" HSF question

I'm surprised this isn't in the review. What are the dba levels of this cooler at normal fan speed and at the highest fan speed?

Sorry, but I always get mixed feedback when I add actual decibel levels, so I thought I'd just make comparative assessments in this review. If the concensus wants actual numbers, I'll gladly go back to that way of reporting it. Give me some feedback on this folks!

In answer to your question, the numbers work from a minimum of 25dBA at low settings (2500RPM) and maxes out at 46dBA at the higher speed (4800RPM).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Obviously you didn't take enough care looking for this info:

The model used in this unit is a 12v fan that spins at speeds between 2500RPM and 4800RPM while producing upwards of 62-CFM airflow. The company claims a top noise level of 46dBA, but Iím not convinced of this figure. While I donít have any sound meters to physically measure the noise output, I do have an ear that isnít nearly as offended by this fanís maximum speeds as several others on the market. It is even quite a bit quieter than the popular Thermaltake fans that are often used.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Wow! :eek: My bad. I totally missed that paragraph somehow. I guess my multitasking reading and watching TV at the same time needs some work. :rolleyes2

Thread Information