Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Abit NF7-S 2.0

Abit are about to release yet another version of their popular NF7-S Nforce2 mainboard. The latest one, v2.0 is fitted with Nvidia's new Crush 18D chipset which OFFICIALLY supports AMD's Barton 400MHz FSB processor. Previous NF7-S boards, namely versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 were all fitted with Nvidia's Crush 18 chipset.
    Clearly this revision will effect other manufacturers as well, so if you're thinking of purchasing a new Nforce2 motherboard, consider waiting for one fitted with the new chipset.

I've had my eye on this board for a bit.. looks like a performer, and even better since they've made several overclocking options available (eg: 250MHz FSB max). I was happy to see they added mounting holes for heatsinks such as Swiftech's with the 1.2 revision. Now the new chipset with the v2.0.. yeah baby!

Stumbled upon this post at the ABIT Forums:

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread...&threadid=6566
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

IMHO it's one of the best Nforce2 boards available, here's a pic of the v2.0 board, along with the v2.0 box and board labels.
    Pic in the bottom right hand corner is of their new chipset fan, but this hasn't been included on the revised board.
    When I contacted Abit, I was told that the v2.0 board wouldn't be available until April. But I know of one guy who ordered a
    v1.2 this week and received a v2.0 instead, just lucky I guess.

Techseekers has reviewed the NF7-S v2.0 nForce2 mainboard, making comparisons to earlier v1.0 and v1.2 releases, v1.1 is not covered.

Abit NF7-S v2.0 review

Thread Information