Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG AntiVirus

AVG Homepage
    I've been looking for an alternative AV and I think I've heard that this is a good one (and free)

Does anyone here have any experience with it? I'm just looking for some useful info, thanks =)

I've been usin' Grisoft's AVG for a couple of years now and find it quite good (provided that ya keep it update and as always use common sense).

Comment

my common sense has kept me from needing an AV for some time =)

Can it be set to NOT run in the background? I'm primarily going to be using it to scan individual files.

Comment

Yes it can be configured just to scan when and what ya want.

Comment

I've been using if for awhile now. It has prevented me from acquiring a few worms. My youngest frequents many sites and has stumbled across a few viruses.
          It has a blue screen alert warning on what is about to happen. He's only 10 and can understand it, no trouble using it at all.

Comment

thanks for the input, AVG asks for a bit more personal info than I want to give out, but I guess that is the cost of being 'free'

Comment

Personally it works better for me than the costly AV's (even when they're free with a mobo). :thumb:

Comment

ya I've got several versions of norton AV, McAfee, and pcillin....never liked any of them much...

how does AVG's footprint compare to these?

Comment

The best IMO but ya really goin' to have to try it ya self to be sure that it'll suit you and hey, it costs nothin'. ;)

Comment

Comment

i am with the majority out here.
                      i would sum it up in words like "i love AVG". never gave me any kinda problems.

i was looking for alternatives of AVG i.e. free AV's and i found few of them but i decided against them after thinking about how silently it works in background. you will never feel clogged even after running it always.

it is using just above 1MB with heuristics switched on :thumb:
                      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                      Last Updated:
                      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                      ======================
                      jabber : [email protected]
                      =======================
                      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                      yabaa dabaa doo...
                      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

thanks yall, sounds good, I give it a try =)

Comment

Working...
                        X