Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC7 + Xaser III + P43.0C = TO HOT !! ??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC7 + Xaser III + P43.0C = TO HOT !! ??!

Ok .. i'm at a loss here !!

Setup:

Abit IC7
    Thermaltake Xaser III case (7 case fans !)
    Intel P4 3.0C 800mhz FSB + Retail fan
    Geforce 4 TI 4200
    512MB PC2700 (pc3200 otw)

----

I'm getting 110'F at idle, and 138'F at 80% load. All 7 case fans are spinning, the cpu is attached to the retail heatsink (which has a circular copper base) via artic silver II compound. There is no cables with 2" in any direction of the cpu, the 2 side fans blow outside air (68 degrees !!!) directly onto the cpu and are spinning fine.

What is going on ?? Why is this thing getting so hot ? 110 i can live with .. but not 58+C at load !!

Have you overclocked? Get AS3 (artic silver 3) and a better hsf, otherwise maybe your temp diode is wong

Comment

The diff between AS2 and AS3 is about 1C of performance during peak load .. maybe 2C at most .. i'm running about 10C hotter then i feel i should .. no i am not overclocking at all .. this CPU should be just fine with the retail HSF i know there are better ones but if i'm not over clocking is houldn't have to worry about my cpu overheating using their fan and better grease ?

Comment

That is all u could really do (intel hsf = **** even at stock speeds)
        Is the Hsf properly mounted? Where is your temp sensor placed?

Comment

Ok well just ordered TT Spark 7 + AS3 compound to replace the retail HSF ..

Yea its 100% mounted triple checked that and even remounted it to be sure. The AS2 level is very slightly transparent, a very thin coat, you can see the impression from the circular copper base of the retail HSF (why on earth intel ships a HSF that does _NOT_ 100% touch the processor is beyond me !! The copper circle on the bottom of the HSF is only 80% of the size of the proc .. talk about cutting ends !!)

The temp sensor is built into the P4's .. it sends this info to the MB via a pin, its as accurate as your going to get ..

Comment

Most unusual. :confused:

Are all the front and side fans suckin' air in and the back and top ones blowin' out? :?:

But then again I had an UNEEC case once with too much airflow and replacin' the SMART CASE FAN II's with 34cfm ones actually reduced my temps around 6C (saved my hearin' as well).

Comment

Hmmm...well your temps should go down with the new products. Maybe your chip is a "dud" and it runs fast.

Comment

well the first thing i did after getting my Thermaltake Xaser III case was replace 3 of the fans .. the ones that come in the case are alittle week .. i bought 3 "Y S TECH 80mm" fans .. lowered my case temps around 8C ... i installed 2 in the intake slots .. and one in the door .. doesnt seem to be any louder now but the new fans push alot more air ...

my amd 2100+ is running at about 40C and i have about 28C in the case last time i cked ..

Comment

Working...
                X