Best GeForce FX Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best GeForce FX Card?

Well.. I waited forever and ever for the Geforce FX card to come out... and now that it's finally been released, there seem to be countless different versions of it, and equally as many different brands.

I use my computer primarily for graphic design, 3d design, etc. Not really gaming. What would be the best Geforce FX card to get? Type and brand?

If you do more 3d design than gaming, your best bet would be a Quadro FX. It's a lot more expensive, but it's a workstation card that's geared more towards graphics applications than games.

Phil

Comment

I'm thinking that $1700 USD for a video card might be a little excessive.

Comment

the FX 1000 is $915 and the FX 2000 is $1400. http://www.axiontech.com , my store ;p It's expensive because it's a high end professional graphics card for stuff like autoCAD or 3d Studio Max, movie animation, etc. The ATi's FireGLs are expensive also. You shouldn't really buy it unless it's for a business or you're real serious about whatever work you're doing.

Comment

Nvidia has just announced the Quadro FX 500, their first fully programmable entry-level workstation solution, this could be just what you're looking for.

Nvidia Press Release >>

Comment

The Quadro cards do look a lot better for my purposes than the GeForce cards... But would the low end $380 Quadro FX500 card be better than the high end GeForceFX cards that are of comparable price? I'd like to spend about $500.... but the quadro fx500 is $380... and the next model up is almost $900.... are any of the Quadro4 cards better than the quadro fx500 that are around $500?

Comment

Enhancedstudios: Check out the attachment.

Comment

That answers my questions about Quadro4 vs. Quadro FX... but is the low end Quadro FX better than the higher end GeForce FX?

Comment

Simply speaking, Quadro = accuracy, Geforce = speed. Really you should visit your local computer store and see them working for yourself.

Quadro FX 500/1000/2000 images

Comment

Is that the same cooler that is on the GF FX 5600 that is on the Quadro 500 on the attachment?
                    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Working...
                    X