new mother board trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mother board trouble

have new gigabyte kt400 mb with new xp2600 processor and new stick of 512 2700ddr mem. hd is bought month old maxtor 120 gb. system boots up then shuts down when window starts to load. try to boot up in safe mode gets to agp.sys then reboots.tried intalling window with new mother board wont let me. took hd to other comp no problems so dont think its windows or hd prob. could it be memory prob. or vid card prob. have radeon 9700 128 mb card. any suggestions

are you OCing it any?
    also try tuning down to 4x on vid card see if it will work.

Comment

Are you usin' a fresh install of XP or an existing install from another system? :confused:

Comment

initially used existing windows installation. tried reinstalling windows with new motherboard but get error saying file missing. as for first reply dont know what OCing is. do i have to format a drive to install new mb?

Comment

just hit me on what OCing is. no using default settings

Comment

OCing is OverClocking
            a lot of strange stuff happens when you push the limits of your CPU and.or ram

Comment

it sure looks like you have the wrong chipset drivers. best to save your data on the other comp and format the drive before reinstalling xp again.

Comment

ok formatted drive installed windows gets to windows screen mouse wont work then still crashes... think prob just gonna dump gigabyte's board and start over.

Comment

If ya do dump that mobo then do ya self a favour and get a nForce2 based one as the performance is much better.

Comment

Working...
                  X