Playstation 2 set top box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 2 set top box

Sony has unveiled the PSX, a Playstation 2 console and home entertainment centre combined into one neat package.
    The PSX comes equipped with a DVD recorder, a TV tuner, a 120 GB hard drive and an Ethernet adaptor for high-speed
    internet access.

The first machines will go on sale in Japan later this year, with European and US versions following in 2004.

Full specs when I learn Japanese. :D

hahahah it looks like a vcr from the 1970's

Comment

Originally posted by MFaction
      hahahah it looks like a vcr from the 1970's
      It is very hip looking though!
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I don't know what it looks like but it sure is a giant improvement over the current PS2... ugh

Comment

just a thought:
          what good is a tv tuner in it when your gonna use it in conjunction with a TV?
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
            just a thought:
            what good is a tv tuner in it when your gonna use it in conjunction with a TV?
            If you use a computer monitor or other visual display without TV tuner.
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

The TV tuner should also allow users to record a television program on the hard drive, or a DVD using the on-board DVD recorder.
              (Subject to rights management issues)

Comment

ahhh yeah... forgot about that... i was kinda tired this arvo :o
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Looks like a reciever, it's BIG.
                  I don't know what it looks like but it sure is a giant improvement over the current PS2... ugh
                  The PS2 isn't bad at all. I like the design, and how you can put it vertical and horizontal.

Comment

The blue LEDs are very popular now. One more thing, where do the controllers plug in?? :confused:

Comment

Working...
                    X