Start Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Up

If you have owned a store boughtcomputer you know that when ever u turn it on it shows the manufacturer logo, HP Compaq, , whatever. How do you change this to a picture of your own? Thanks for the help

Someone may correct me, but as I understand it that startup screen is linked directly to the bios and therefore almost impossible to remove without a bios update from the motherboard manufacturer. With the proprietary motherboards (usually a stripped down version of a true motherboard and bios on older prebuilt systems) there is prolly no way to remove the annoying startup screen.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

It is actually quite simple. Just sell it to somebody and build yourself a new one :p

Comment

there should be a choice in your BIOS saying "quiet boot".
        just disable it and that logo should not come up next time u boot.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I am currently building myself a computer but I actually wanted to put my own image on the startup. Is there any way to do that, the mobo i have is a Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra. But thanks anyway for all of the help so far.

Comment

Some mobo's now come with a program to do that so check what's on ya mobo CD. ;)

Comment

It is actually quite simple. Just sell it to somebody and build yourself a new one
              oh my god :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
                there should be a choice in your BIOS saying "quiet boot".
                just disable it and that logo should not come up next time u boot.
                umm......if I read the brand correctly, access to the BIOS is forbidden to the average user.

I'm going to throw a couple of links up in the air here, but I'm not sure if it will be of any use.

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/guide...ds/index.shtml

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/guide...t2/index.shtml
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                X