whatz wrong :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatz wrong :(

my friend recently bought a new mobo and new ram. he got the epox 8rda+ with 512 pc 3200 samsung ram. he's still running his duron 1000 on it, but he's probably going to get a new chip soon.

well we've plugged everything in, looks like everything is running smooth, but windows xp doesn't show up >_<. like it doesn't even get into the blue bit, or show the logo, after the bios, just a black screen and restarts

help plz!!!

Does Windows still have all of the old drivers setup? A clean install might fix it.

Comment

yeah i think so, we just took old HD and put into da new pc

Comment

Reinstall Windows fresh. If you have changed the chipset being used for the system then you have also changed the manner that the hardware communicates with the OS. It is akin to speaking French to one who only understands English... they are no longer communicating properly.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Yes unless ya dropped all the old drivers before the swap (a very invloved task) then the os will crap itself. Reinstallin' the os is always the best option.

Comment

Comment

i keep getting this error though when i install windows -_-

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

help plz!

Comment

But what was the rest of the error? Go Control Panel/Admin Tools/Event Viewer and check Software and System for any red flags then double click on them for the full error report.

Comment

it's during installation :p

and i also get this "Data is invalid" error when i'm trying to install a 2nd network card into my PC. -_- i'm tryin to run a mini network

Comment

are u performing a format and install or an upgrade?
                    its an issue in upgrade installs from Windows 98 or Windows Me.

read the M$ Knowledge Base Article - 311564 for a solution.
                    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                    ======================
                    jabber : [email protected]
                    =======================
                    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

nah it's when i'm installing XP

Comment

I have same problem when I tried to install WinXP, it was something related with BIOS. And when I use the safe setting I could install it.

You may use "Safe settings" in BIOS.

Comment

ok, i'll try it, but it's taken all day and still hasn't finished installing -_-

Comment

I'm the one who's computer wasn't working, but it is fixed now. I;m not sure exactly what the problem was, but Windows managed to install after all cache was disabled. It took many long hours to install, but it finally works. :D

Thanks for the help guys. :woot:

Comment

Working...
                            X