Another unlocking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another unlocking question

I have an XP2100 T-bred B, AIUHB stepping. I can't seem to unlock this baby on my KT333 Mobo using that unlocking kit. (the one with the gap-filler/conductive grease and magnifier)

Upon closer inspection of my handiwork I noticed that the L1 bridges are not cut and there are no valleys between them. Yet the processor remains locked both with and without the artificial bridging.

Anyone care to straighten me out?

MoBo is a Soltek SL-75DRV5 with the multiplier accessible via dip switches so retesting is pissing me off! I successfully unlocked an XP1800 Palamino on the same board though. :)

Up to the Palamino core required the L1 bridges closed but T'breds require a slightly different procedure. ;)

Comment

Woah, that sure got complicated!

One more question though, why the extra Vcore setting through the CPU itself? Won't the Bios setting take precedence?

Comment

That's only required for BIOS's that don't have Vcore adjustments (or enough range for extreme cooling). You only require the multiplier unlockin' option.

Comment

Much appreciated... :)

Comment

If you've got possible upgrades in your near future, then you could get a board based on the nForce2 chipset. It bypasses the factory locking technique used on the T-Bred processors and allows you full access to the range of multipliers available on your motherboard. :D
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Thanx, my next upgrade is still a toss-up between Intel and AMD. Both the 2500 and the 2.4GHz P4C are looking mighty fine. I'm leaning towards the latter for the extra RAM bandwidth.

PS: Tx to Wiggo, I've already unlocked the Tbred and running comfortably at 175x12 now.

Comment

Working...
              X