Golden Flame help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Flame help

Right, i have just got a Soltek Golden Flame motherboard but i wanted to upgrade cpu and have 8x AGP.

I want to overclock my CPU it's a 2000xp chip but i cant get it stable, i can only get it to 1.79ghz with a FSB of 143mhz, Vcore 1.775, dimm voltage 2.7v with a cpu ratio of 12. but if i up the FSB to over 145mhz winxp crashes or it will get as far as the xp loading screen and not boot.

Now i think the CPU temp is fine @ load @1.79ghz its 41-48 idle 30-33,

Here is the rest of my PC Spec:-

2000xp @ 1.79ghz
    2x128mb and 1x256mb 2100 Dane elec mem (512)
    Soltek Golden Flame SL-75FRN2-L (Nforce2 chip set)
    Axel Geforce 4 ti4200 @ 310/605 128mb 8x
    Maxtor 80gb 7200rpm ATA 133

Can i get the baby to go more iv heard 2000 chip go to 2ghz can it be done to mine, PLZ Help!!!

3DMark 2001 se score is 11304 is that any good????!!!????

From a brief glance at the system I'd be pointing the blame at the RAM. If you wanna overclock that system, then get some PC2700 or PC3200 RAM and try that instead.

Comment

It probably is your RAM, but...you may need to up yopur CPU's Vcore a little too

Comment

It's definately ya memory as =/>PC2700 is required (I use PC3200/3500 for that chipset).

Comment

what do u think i can up the Vcore too???? and im gonna get some crossair XMS 3200 400mhz which should do the trick???

Comment

Yes XMS3200 will do the job but don't use any more than 1.85v on the CPU and keep a close eye on ya temps.

Comment

OK i got the Ram today, didnt get crossair mem i got 2x 256mb Twinmos 3200 (400mhz) set up so my dual-channel function is now workin which should give me 6.4GB/s bandwith.

BUT still cant make the FSP go past 145mhz its only 140mhz stable, iv put my Vcore to 1.8v but no joy. here are the things i can do in the BIOS

FSB Frewuency:- 100-250mhz (i can set it from 100-250mhz)
              CPU Interface either set 'optimal or aggressive)
              Memory Frequency 200mhz or auto which would be same as fsb.
              Resulting frequence (not sur what its set 2)
              t(ras)
              t(rcd)
              t(rp)
              cas latency
              FSB spread Spectrum:- (i can set 0.50%, 1.00% or off)
              AGP spread spectrum
              AGP aperture size
              AGP frequency (i can set 66mhz-100mhz or auto, 66mhz is default)
              CPU thermal throttling
              CPU ratio
              CPU vcore
              AGP voltage
              DIMM voltage
              VDD voltage

THESE are what i can set can some 1 help me plz!!

(i also updated bios to day flashed it)

Comment

Keep the memory at the same speed as the FSB and try 11 x 166MHz for ya CPU and raise the voltage 0.1v but havin' never used that memory I can't suggest what timings it'll handle so leave them at Auto for the time being. Leave the AGP at default settings. The only questions I have is, is ya CPU a Palamino core (CPU details on core) or a Thoroughbred core (details on sticker attached to CPU body) and what HSF are ya usin'?

Comment

my HSF will take up to 3200XP and at load at the mo @1750 its 46c, i cant lower my CPU ration lower than 12.5, any lower and it wont post i have to clear cmos. if i set the fsb to 166mhz it wont post (yes the jumpers sre ok on M/B they are set 2 166/266) CPU voltage will only go up in 0.25 up to 1.850. im not sure what the CPU type is (its brown if thats any help lol) err if fbs is 100mhz cpu is @ 1250mhz, if at 133 its 1667mhz and @ 140 its 1750mhz and its a 2000xp chip man, whats goin wrong. im gonna cry.

Comment

Yes AMD sell a HSF with their XP3200+'s that I wouldn't use on a Duron. So what temps are ya gettin' (and please include a room temp with them)? :?:

Comment

no this is not the HSF that i got with the chip, but any way @ idle the cpu is at 32c @ load the cpu is 45c and the system temp is @ 30c, also the pc is next to a window and has 2 extra 80mm fans with a exhust blower and Tt memory active cooling.

Comment

Well ya temps seem ok but maybe ya video card is clocked to far. Have a look in the Event Viewer (control panel/admin tools) and check for any red flags (especially those that keep re-accuring under programs or system).

Comment

no there ok, and GFX is all @ default :flames: :devil:

Comment

Working...
                          X