Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vid oc'ing,,,different results w/diff soft??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vid oc'ing,,,different results w/diff soft??

hey all posting again so soon, well thats me..so i have a pny ti4400 128mb nvidia card..i have never oc anything before,,so i first try rivatuner,,,stock is 275/555 or something close,,got it to 300/625,,,but i didnt like rivatuners options ,,too much for me,, so i decided on cool bits,,almost everything i did screwed my pic up. the best i could get was 280/595,,,tried a bunch of combos,,,now both worked at their respective working ability fine so...whats the one that im not gonna get a screwed card in a week? and is it even worth oc a video card,,any fps difference, looking for 5-10 frame difference,,,also heard nvhardpage is good,,what do you all think is the better one?

p4 1.6 winxp 768 ddr 2100 intel 845bg mb

:afro:

Comment

nice,,thx alot, i used nvhardpage, which i guess uses coolbits, i oc ed the core and mem by 10 % tested it within the nvidida tab coolbits tab and the test was fine,,,which is wierd because like i said when i used coolbits, almost every little increase screwed my picture up and would have to reboot..i m not really sure if nvhardpage in fact does use coolbits but the tab is the same in nvidia section so i assume it is,,used the wizard and set to performance to set up the rest,,,i got an avg of 6-10 fps in bf to get in the forties for most battles,,,which i wanted. nvhardpage is def the easiest tweek for cards over riva. i m still wondering though why 2 of 3 oc software lets me run my card at 300/600 when coolbits by itself wouldnt let me do more then 280/590, oh well it seems to be running fine hopefully my card wont blow,,but from what ive seen i should be able to get those numbers without having problems,,,and i really didnt notice the quality drop off too. very happy thx again for taking the time to offer your insights, let me know if you have any other tips lol:laugh:

Comment

No problem. I'm glad you got the results you were looking for.:thumb: I did try riva tuner once but, I didn't get what I wanted from it. Others may have more insight on using it. You can all ways check the home page for the twaek your running. They usualy have forums that can provide some help.

Comment

Working...
        X