Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for writers/reviewers...

Hello all,

Some of you may have heard of 'TweakTown Gamer' - a project that has been talked about for quite some time.

Basically, it will be a site connected with TweakTown that will deliver the latest news, reviews, et cetera in the gaming industry. This will include games for PC, Xbox, Playstation 2 and Gamecube. (And Dreamcast, if we find anyone with one ;)).

What we are looking for at the moment is anyone who would be willing to volunteer their time to write articles, or provide news, for the site.

Initially, it will simply be on a voluntary basis, however once the site takes off we hope to be able to provide review samples, etc to our writers.

If you are interested, please either PM me (Osiris) or email me at;

[email protected]

with a brief outline of what you are interested in (news, games, general articles, whatever) and if possible a brief (2-3 paragraph) piece of writing on whatever topic you choose. This is so we can get a rough handle on your literary skills.

Thanks very much, I hope that many of you will be able to contribute your time towards making a great site even greater :).

~Gavin Ballard

This is great, it's finally going down! I always wanted to give a go @ reviewing : party ha

Comment

IMPORTANT

I wish I didn't have to say this, and frankly I didn't think I would have to, but I must say that plagurization is not acceptable.

I've just received a submission from a writer (I won't name them) which I thought to be genuine until another member of staff pointed out that it was pretty much a direct copy of another site's review.

This sort of thing is never tolerated on TweakTown, it will never be tolerated at TweakTown Gamer.

Please, submit applications with your own work.

~Osiris

Comment

Yeah it would be good to do some reviews now and then. Gaming samples :p

PC only here so im kinda limited to that. :(

Comment

Yeah, could be up for that :)
          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
            IMPORTANT

I wish I didn't have to say this, and frankly I didn't think I would have to, but I must say that plagurization is not acceptable.

I've just received a submission from a writer (I won't name them) which I thought to be genuine until another member of staff pointed out that it was pretty much a direct copy of another site's review.

This sort of thing is never tolerated on TweakTown, it will never be tolerated at TweakTown Gamer.

Please, submit applications with your own work.

~Osiris
            That individual should be banned from TweakTown forever, period. I can't believe someone would do that foul-ass ****! Can you give us a name? :flames:

Comment

Originally posted by XBoy
              That individual should be banned from TweakTown forever, period. I can't believe someone would do that foul-ass ****! Can you give us a name? :flames:
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by XBoy
                [sarcasm]geez Xboy, I'd hate to see you actaully overreact to something...[/sarcasm] :rolleyes2

Comment

So hows the new site coming along :confused:

Comment

My first review !

PONG:

When I first picked up my copy of pong from a local toy dealer I was excited to the point where I almost wet myself, this was all just from buying it. So your probably wondering what made me so excited, well I shall tell you from start to finish, I ripped open the package and pulled the cartridge from the box slotted it in to my machine and fliked the switch which greated me with PONG in big white blocked letters with a flashing PRESS START text underneath, my eyes widened with excitement, I hit the button to get things going and the main menu gleamed at me asking me 1 Player or 2 Player, well as I was on my own I thought I would give the amazing AI a go and try and beat him at his own game. 4 Rounds later it was time for a cigarett and a beer and to go get another game from my local toy dealer.

Score 10/10
                    Graphics 10/10
                    Sound 10/10

System Specs: Your thinking will Pong run on my computer, well the answer is yes, I tested PONG on my 4Bit Poo Machine and it ran so fast and sweet with no slow down from all the pixles moving about. So if you got more then 4Bit your in for a treat. Go get PONGED. :thumb:

Comment

Lol, I love pong ;)

Comment

On a serious note... (something i hardly ever do)

I would like to get into reviewing (actually i just wanted to be published as it would be a good secondary experience to go along with my English Major) i dont own a console and right now my gaming PC is borked, but...

I can immediately review SWG as i Beta'd for several hundred hours sonce Beta2 and throu Beta3.
                        I can also Review any of the numerous new console games my good friend, sub780lime, also on this forum, owns. Like Knights of the Old Republic.

Other than that, i would be more than willing to purchase :rolleyes: a game to review it here. And im not sure what ya'll think of my writing, but when im not bul****ting, its pretty good.

Comment

Hey what's happening with TTG? It's supposed to have been launched and all I see is the same stuff that's been there for a week or so. Has the site been neglected or something?

PS. Thanks for posting my first review though. :)

Comment

For all who aren't involved and are wondering, the opening date has been pushed back just a little. Keep checking though as it will be open soon.

Comment

Originally posted by isajones
                              Hey what's happening with TTG? It's supposed to have been launched and all I see is the same stuff that's been there for a week or so. Has the site been neglected or something?

PS. Thanks for posting my first review though. :)
                              Yeah, due to a few domain issues and me being really sick it's been pushed back to the 16th of August. Sorry! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X