User Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Management

I was wondering how to install a program that will work on all the users of this PC. For instance, I installed Winamp 3 on my user login,it works fine, and I try to run it on a different users icon, but when I try to open it, I get an error! Same thing happens with any other program (Nero, Kazaa, etc.)

it's the group the other accounts are associated with that is causing the problem

go to Run and type control userpasswords2 and change the 'group' each account is associated with

once User Accounts is open, click the Advanced tab, then click the Adavanced button under Advanced user management

the Local Users and Groups window will pop up, click on the Users folder so the list of current accounts (users) is listed on the right. Double click the User's you want to change. In the *User Name* Poperties window click on the Member Of tab. Remove the current group (Users by defualt if it is a 'Limited' Account) and add a more powerful account such as Power Users. A full list of current groups can be seen by clicking on the Groups folder in the Local Users and Groups window

there may be another way to make limited accounts have access to these programs, but I am unaware of it

:cheers:

Comment

Some programs, when installed, only put thier registry settings in whichever profile is logged in. So when the program is ran on another profile, it cannot find the settings and therefor cannot run. I got around this with kazaa by exporting the keys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER into My Shared Documents and then importing them when logged into another account.

Comment

Working...
      X