9600pro:Gigacube or Powercolor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9600pro:Gigacube or Powercolor??

just wondering.. anybody knows about Gigacube? they got the 9600pro 128mb here.. sells around US$171. or should i just buy powecolor card instead.. same price..? anyone bought gigacube cards before? :?: or anyone got any other suggestion? :confused:

I'd like to add to that. What is the "built by ATI", in comparision?
    it's a moot since i ordered it and itll be here in few days, but i want to know. And to anyone looking to buy one of these cards, consider buying the 9500 and tweaking it (see tomshardware.com ). I hate it when i make a compulsive buy... :scream:

Comment

My friend bought a Gigacube 9700 Pro and its working like dream for him. Been hearing some good feedback from users of the brand. Its a new company from Taiwan. I would recommend it over the powercolor.

Comment

just curious.. how does it overclock..? and how much does it cost in us/europe... cause from what i see... its so damn expensive here.. ( i'm from malaysia).. a 9700 pro cost around us$350 around here.. a 9800pro ~ us$486.. no wonder i'm still stuck with my gf2.. :cry: :snip:

Comment

never heard of Gigacube, sounds like a bit of a ripoff of Gigabyte's name.. but anyway...
          Powercolor generally make very basic cards, pretty much identical to the reference cards, but they're cheap

'Built by ATI' = ATI stock reference cards, middle of the road speed/quality, good warranty, higher pricetag
          'Powered by ATI' can vary between exact/near-exact reference spec's (like Powercolor), or higher-quality cards (better memory than is required, souped-up cooling, prettier colors, etc), depending on the brand and model... prices vary accordingly
          386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
          -----

/Z

Comment

"GigaCube" Graphics Card Brand Name Not Gigabyte's?

Comment

SI & OEM = as cheap as humanly possible, which in turn = low-performance.. I'd avoid them, until I see benchmarks/reviews that prove otherwise
              386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
              -----

/Z

Comment

If the gigabyte card is the same price as the colourpower then go for the gigabyte all the way as normally they cost abit more than colourpower and here is the reason why, gigabyte have alot better cooling on the cards compaired to colourpower and this making them alot better at overclocking but at stock speed you will find they run around the same if any difference it wont be much, of course you can mod the colour power with good cooling and make it just as good at overclocking as the gigabyte but if the gigabyte is the same price then whats the point indoing that when you can buy a card what is allready to overclock to your needs if must. Gigabyte mother boards arn't the best on the market but all the same I have used them for years and never had any problems with mine and this kt400 is actually better for stability than the kt400 asus and if you go to the forums you will see what I am talking about, but the gigabyte graphics cards are very good ones indeed and the radeon 9800pro is a prime example as it has shown to out proforme even the hercules in a benchmark I read the other day at stock speeds which is good as hercules are known to make good cards but hercules have little extras like a locked chip ect witch is very handy indeed, bottem line is gigabyte is better than the colour power radeon and the cooling is the reason why so go with that one mate and you will be pleased, it may be a little more nosey than the colourpower but nothing you will notice much and overclocking that card wil not be a problem.

Comment

aside from the cooling, the different manufacturers also use different makes and quality of RAM... on an OEM card like a PowerColor, they're likely to use generic ram or name-brand ram that didnt quite live up to the quality checks, but is still fully functional... the more expensive cards, in addition to slightly jacked-up cooling (or extremely improved cooling, in some cases), is that they usually use higher quality ram, which in turn allows it to run slightly quicker, more stable, and allows more room for overclocking
                  -----

/Z

Comment

Working...
                  X