Anybody Tried This...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Tried This...???

Don't know if this is the right section, but I think it is.
    Has anyone tried the "secret tricks" by Global-Sanderson Pub.'s LTD. It is $39.95 & available at www.pcspeedtweaks.com. Some of these claims on the site appear impossible. I feel most, or all, of this stuff can be found elsewhere on the web, probaly right here. No disrespect intended PersianImmortal, your 2 guides are excellent. I'm just curious what you get for the 40 bucks. All replys are welcome, good or bad. THX in advance.

The Dog

Oh no, you're awfully close to upsetting me again!!

There are no "secret tweaks", and I've done months of research on every XP tweak there is, so I know. I put every working performance tweak in my guides.

Also, this exact question been asked before. See this thread.

BTW if anyone has tried it, let me know if I'm wrong. I can virtually guarantee what this guy has done (judging by the shonky look of his site) is rip off several XP guides (like mine) and pass it off as his own "tweaks".

So yes, you will get speed increases with tweaking, similar to the way he describes it. Only it's no secret and all of it is available for free. Even if you don't like my guide, look at the links at the end of my XP guides for more XP tweak guides/sites for exampe.
    My Machine

Comment

That is actually precisely what i figgered. i was just curious, but not curious enough to part with 40. thanks.

Comment

Here's a hint. Install the Google toolbar, and from now on you will have a continual ranking of each web sites relative quality. That site earned a ZERO out of Ten which means it is a nobody. If you are ever skeptical and wondering if a page is legit, a quick look at what it's page rank is, will tell you.

Google Toolbar is no longer available for installation. Instead, you can download and install Google Chrome. Uninstall Toolbar Open Internet Explorer. Next to Options&nbs

And if you are wondering how Google works its magic, here is an explaination.

Browse a list of Google products designed to help you work and play, stay organized, get answers, keep in touch, grow your business, and more.

Comment

THX, didn't know about that, sounds neat, i'll try.

The Dog

Comment

Not to mention, google search bars on every IE page. Then there's the search term highlight feature (phenomonal feature), and the option to search within the site you are at. Those are my favorite uses but there are many more.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
              If you are ever skeptical and wondering if a page is legit, a quick look at what it's page rank is, will tell you.
              That's not always true. Just because a page is popular, doesn't mean the advice on it is accurate. For example some people say PCPitstop is great, but I personally hate the site because no website can diagnose all your problems online. It just gives the stock standard diagnosis based on errors in your event log etc.
              My Machine

Comment

Of course that is true. All the 'Pagerank' shows is relative popularity of a page on the internet. This is done by a mathematical formula which determines the rank democratically, depending on how many pages link to it, and how much clout the pages linking to it have.

What I was suggesting is that a web site selling anything or trying to convince you of ANYTHING they benefit from with a rank of 3 or lower should NOT be trusted.

Comment

Working...
                X