Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Network with XP and 2000

:confused:

Please help I'm trying to set up my main home PC (Windows 2000) to act as a server. It has a DSL internet connection and i want to use my latop (XP) on the DSL connection though the 2000 PC. I have shared the Internet connection on the 2000 machine and run the connection wizard on the XP machine but no matter what i do it will not log onto the net.

Please help

Steve

xp home or xp pro?

Comment

Running XP pro on the laptop and Win 2000 SR2 on the PC with DSL connection

Comment

Originally posted by svacher
        :confused:

Please help I'm trying to set up my main home PC (Windows 2000) to act as a server. It has a DSL internet connection and i want to use my latop (XP) on the DSL connection though the 2000 PC. I have shared the Internet connection on the 2000 machine and run the connection wizard on the XP machine but no matter what i do it will not log onto the net.

Please help

Steve
        Ok , let's start at the begining.
        Do the computer "see" each other on the local network?
        What sort of NICs are you using? cables? what sort of speed do you get for file transfers between the 2 machines?
        what are the security settings on each machine?
        are you using any firewall software?
        Who is your DSL provider? do they permit sharing? Static IPs?

Comment

Waiting for answer to Original articles writers reasponse! Re: Remote MMC in non domain network!

Comment

Working...
          X