interesting tidbit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting tidbit..

i was playing around with some mobo tools for my gigabyte GA-DX7 board i forgot i installed and found this tidbit:

this is an XP2000+ cpu

the same app tells me the
    ram is at 3.3v (3 256mb ddr pc2100 sticks)
    vcore is 1.720v
    +12 is 11.880v
    +5 at 4.950v
    +3.3 is 3.220v

cpu temp is 57^C - but it's running 3 differnt scans for virii/trojans/scandisk/adaware at the same time (scheduled)

TT volcano7 is at 4551rpm, controlled by temp

here's the Q:
    since the image above shows that the max speed can be 2000mhz, how do i get it there?

:afro:

raise the multiplier and FSB.
    But its not set in stone as to the fact that you can reach 2Ghz.
    I had my xp2000 running at 1800+Mhz, but it was a pally so it sucked!

Comment

you should get your cpu temp down before you do any overclocking

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        you should get your cpu temp down before you do any overclocking
        origonally posted by ct
        [b]cpu temp is 57^C - but it's running 3 differnt scans for virii/trojans/scandisk/adaware at the same time (scheduled)

:shrug: i don't get it, i guess some things need to be said twice

Comment

You NEED better cooling 57C under load is stil way to hat, as the temps arent gonna drop 20C idle. So dont be sayin minibubba is wrong, cause hes right, you need better cooling, or your program is reading them wrong.

Comment

origonally posted by ct
            [b]cpu temp is 57^C - but it's running 3 differnt scans for virii/trojans/scandisk/adaware at the same time (scheduled)
            that is why I said you need to get your temps down first...

57C at max load with stock speeds is too hot if you want to OC, your temps will only go up when you OC

even if you don't OC, 57 C at max load is still hotter than most people are comfortable with

thanks for the support amd_man2003 :)

:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
              that is why I said you need to get your temps down first...

57C at max load with stock speeds is too hot if you want to OC, your temps will only go up when you OC

even if you don't OC, 57 C at max load is still hotter than most people are comfortable with

thanks for the support amd_man2003 :)

:cheers:
              Isn't max heat for an AMD is 70C?

---to CT_: Even though I don't promote heat because it is evil. oh wait 57C is crap, did you remove your HSF and have no airflow. And no offense, its not that interesting of a tidbit, most people know what their computer is rated and the voltages and temps. BTW :spam:

Comment

so anyway

yes i know about the need for cooling, and yes yer right about it

but, at this time i don't care

all i'm looking for is the HOWTO

typical idle temps are 36^C, sure it can be better - but it's fine for now

more than likely it's gonna get water cooling later on

:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
                  Isn't max heat for an AMD is 70C?
                  if it is a palamino, the absolute max is 90 C...but anyting above 60 C is is not good

57 is close enough....whatever he is using to monitor temps could be off by that much, if not more :(

Comment

since the image above shows that the max speed can be 2000mhz, how do i get it there?
                    start small. up the FSB at little at a time, running benchmarks each time you push it up. At some point you will need to increase core voltage to keep it stable...but that will also shoot your temps up

you can also adjust the multiplier at some point as well, if you unlock it. you can either move it up or down. If you move it down, you can dramatically up the FSB, if you RAM can handle it. Or you can increase the multiplier but you may not get a big of an FSB gain. It' really up to you as far as the multiplier goes.

nice to see you posting again t00lb0x :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                    X