P4 Power Suply conector's and moding them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 Power Suply conector's and moding them

I am moding my case and jut bought a perspex case and had a few questions about the power suply.
    1. I am runing a p 4 , what is the aug suply for ,Not the 12v suply that goes to the board but the one
    that looks like an one 1/2 of an old AT board plug ..can i cut the end off and put a molex plug on it to run extra fan's and uv light kits , if so what are the spec's .Like what wire is the 12 v rail and which is the 5 v rail..
    2. Can i do the same with the second flopy conector ,is that on the 5 or 12 v rail.
    3. I have 2 hard drives at the very bottom of my case and have to use a extention plug to conect it,
    is it possoble to add a third daisy chain to the lead plug from the power seply , not directly from the suply but at the end where the cable has a molex then out of that comes another molex also a flopy conector ,can i cut the flopy off and replace it with a molex for the bottom drive instaed of the adapter cable...Forgot to mention the power suply is a 400 watt so it shouldnt have trouble with the extra losd..
    So baisicly can someone tell me what the wire's voltages are for the flopy lead and the augsilery lead (what is the aug plug for anyway) any help would be appreciated .
    Itchy

What BRAND is your PSU. I have a feeling it is a generic, or a value priced one. .

You would also need to invest in a multimeter to do ANYTHING properly IMHO. Although getto'ing it will work too I am sure. I just don't do that myself.
    Plus we are talking about wattage/voltage, ect. You don't want to go over the recommended wattage per "channel"

Just my :2cents:

Chez

Comment

Thankx chezman , The power supply is generic and i will take your advice and leave it alone i just wanted to try neaten the wires up a bit, but i am still querious to what the augsilery plug is for on most p4 power supply's .Tjanks m8

Comment

Some mobo's like dual Athlon ones use them in the same way as the P4 connector.

Comment

Thanks wiggo for the info , you to for the help chezman

Comment

Working...
          X