unlocked??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlocked??

I was given the understanding that coolbits would unlock my Barton 2800+ w/ASUS a7n8x deluxe. The BIOS says to run multiplier at 12 but WCPUID says it's only 6. Any ideas??

When you say coolbits, I assume you mean the registry setting/hack, this is for unlocking tweaking options in nVidia's Detonator Videocard Drivers, not for unlocking your CPU

Now, you say you've got an XP2800+ and an A7N8X Deluxe. The A7N8X is an nForce2 board, the nForce2 chipset automatically unlocks/overrides the multiplier locking of the CPU without having to physically do anything to the cpu.
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Andy, first of all thanks for your reply. Obviously I'm a neewb. Any ideas why I get 2 different readings on my CPU? BIOS says multiplier is now set, by me, to 15 but WCPUID says its only 6.
      Could it be my Barton is not "unlocked"?

Comment

have you gone through your BIOS and checked to make sure you have set the multiplier to 12?
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Yep, BIOS says 12. Do I maybe need to follow that with a .0?

Comment

Check to make sure that ya have the lastest BIOS and WCPUID versions.

Comment

Got it working, too well. OC'd to where it wouldn't boot into Windows and had to back it off. Going to have to try water cooling. Thanks for all the help thus far. I would like to flash my BIOS but have heard nightmare stories about failures. Can you give the newb a walkthrough??

Comment

Go to your mobo's website as ALL manufactures are different on how to flash properly. Like my Asus board does it pretty much all on its own.
                If you print out the directions and follow them you should be FINE. IT isn't a big deal like it used to be "back in the day"
                Even as a nOOb you should be fine.
                Also read each of the bios updates and see what they are changing or making modifications too, so you know what to look for after you do flash it.

Regards,
                Chez

Comment

Success!! Flashed the BIOS from the ASUS website. What a breeze Thanks for all the help mates. BTW, had a great time in Cairnes years ago. Aussie hospitality, gotta love it.

Comment

Working...
                  X