Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats better - Rage 128pci old or MX440 4xAGP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats better - Rage 128pci old or MX440 4xAGP?

I am trying to build a system for my sister and don't have a lot of money and was wondering which of these cards is better?

I also need a small harddrive 10 or 15 gig. Does anybody know where I can get one used or new real cheap?

Chez

Just for being an AGP card i would say the MX440...

Man as for the HD...newegg has nothing smaller that 20 gig...but if you give me a sec i might something for you...

EDIT: No luck man...all i can find was a 54 dollar one from seagate at shentech.com...but if you think about it...with shipping it will prolly come out more expensive while the 57 dollar WD HD includes free shipping.
    - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by chezman
      the MX440 would be a good bit better

[b]I also need a small harddrive 10 or 15 gig. Does anybody know where I can get one used or new real cheap?
      I had a 16 Gig Seagate (5200 rpm) that I could have sold you pretty cheap, but you would have had to have asked a few months ago...

you should be able to find a cheap 20 Gig somewhere, I imagine most places are trying to get rid of them since larger and better drives keep comming out

:cheers:

Comment

Thanks guys. Its for my Sis and my wife has this thing about spending money on our siblings. They all get the same amount for presents and stuff.
        So I can't really spend even $50, cause I have to get a mobo and a couple other small items.

I have:
        Case
        1600+ palamino
        PS
        HSF
        memory
        2 optical drives
        FDD
        modem
        sound card

I think that covers it. So all I need now is a mobo, video and a hdd. Which are all the most expensive.
        I can get a ECS K7S5A for $45. I know they aren't the best but they are stable and get the job done. I had the same board in my wifes computer with the 1600+ for 2 years and it did great. I can find a cheap video card.
        The HDD is the problem!!

I gave her a digital camera/web cam that verizon was giving away with their service a while back. It works great. They go for like $60.
        Anyway, she has 2 small kids(1yr, 3yr) and I want them to have a decent computer to save the pics on, and the 3yr old loves playing learning games and stuff on the computers at pre-pre school. So I REALLY want to help her out and get her something decent.

Chez

Comment

here is a decent HDD for $50 and no shipping:

it's going to be very hard to get a mobo, video card, and HDD for less than $100

maybe you should spend a little 'quality time' with your wife so she'll let you spend a little extra on your sis ;)

EDIT: you may want to check out NewEgg's refurbished items, you can get good stuff real cheap that way

Comment

Thanks bubba,

I checked out the refurb, nothing.

The wife said no way Jose'!!!!!!!!!

Thanks though,
            Chez

I am sure I will find one. Or my brother will find one, maybe at work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chezman
              The wife said no way Jose'!!!!!!!!!
              ROFL, I hope that was only about the extra money... not the 'quality time' :laugh: :rofl:

anyway, good luck :thumb:

Comment

BOTH, she said I needed to save that damn money to PAY HER!!!
                :lips:

Chez

Comment

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...gotta love these forums :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                    maybe you should spend a little 'quality time' with your wife so she'll let you spend a little extra on your sis ;)
                    ^^ :laugh: ^^

Comment

She says as much time as I spend with my computer I shouldn't wonder why she has a "headache" half the time!!!
                      I just built her a new computer yesterday, in about an hour and I didn't even get a thanks. Whats the first thing she did, PLAY SOLITAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Why do I waste my time even building her a computer? @?@ ?@? I should buy her one of those hand held jobbers and give her damn computer to my Sister and save me a lot of trouble.

Solitaire and e-mail once a week. Of course she gets all my "downgrades" from when I upgrade. Or I say something broke in her computer, so I can upgrade mine.....heeee heee.
                      It works both ways...

Chez

Comment

I love being single...makes things so much simpler

just say she 'needs' RAID and give the new HDD to your sis...your wife will never know the difference ;)

Comment

SUREEEEEEEEEEEE. If that would work I would get me another 120WDJB and give my sister one of my 40's, even a 60!!!

Chez

Comment

check out www.pricewatch.com .........you should know this site.......just a reminder. pretty good deals off that.

Comment

Thanks, I already tagged em' all.
                              I really need to find one someone doesn't need or is just getting rid of cheap since they upgraded and they originally had a 10 gig or something.

Chez

Comment

Working...
                              X