Overclock Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclock Help!

Hey all. I just built a new computer about 2 days ago, it's fast, but my cravings for speed continue. How will I undergo overclocking my system? I'm new to the "overclocking" world and need some hints, tips, programs, hell...I need anything! My specs are below:

-Aluminum Server Case w/ 500 watt Power Supply

-DFI LANPARTY PRO875 P4 (800FSB) Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA

-Intel Pentium 4 Processor @ 2.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB

-Corsair Hydrocool 200 Water Cooling System

-Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 200GB ATA/133 7200PRM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

-1 GB (Two 512 MB) DDR400 PC3200 XMS Memory w/Heat Spreader

-Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP 8x 128 MB DDR

-Windows XP Pro

If ya need anything else lemme know. Those are what I can think off at the top of my head. I want to overclock as many things as I can,lol. I have a bunch of heatsinks and a water cooling system, so I should be fine overclocking. Thanx :D

I'm really don't think that ya'd get much of an overclock goin' there as ya memory will already runnin' at its spec speed, P4C FSB = 200MHz (800QDR) and PC3200 = 200MHz (400DDR). Usually I'd up the core and memory voltages by 0.1v and then increase the FSB but for that CPU I would've obtained at least PC3500 (or better) memory. : peace2:

Comment

Thanks. Can you tell me if my motherboard can handle PC3500? Look right here:

If it can, cool. If it can handle HIGHER than 3500, I would be really happy :D

Comment

Being a DFI mobo I couldn't really say if it will like the higher rated memory as I've never used that brand but even though they only specify PC3200 that doesn't mean that it won't run the higher spec'd memory as for years now I've been usin' higher spec'd memory in many mobo's than what was the highest supported by the manufacturer.

Comment

Hm, wats a good Motherboard for PC3500's? I might be able to exchange my DFI one for a better one :D

Comment

Abit, ASUS and EPoX don't seem to have probs with over spec memory.

Comment

Aha... so does this support PC3500 Ram?

Comment

If ya followed the manufacturer's links on those pages the last one would take ya to this page which ASUS states that a few PC3500 modules have been tested and approved (my favourite Corsair XMS3500 is listed). ;)

Comment

Ah, thanks a bunch. I'll echange some of meh stuff for a new Motherboard, and memory. I'll get back to ya in about a week or so! Then the overclocking will begin, buhahaha. L8er :wave:

Comment

Wut is meant when people say they will unlock their processors?
                    I was reading PcPowerplay and some guy asked how and they wouldnt tell him coz they said it was to hazardous to his pc. So wut does the term unlocking a processor mean and how is it done.

Comment

"Unlocking" refers to unlocking the multiplier of Athlon/Duron CPU's (this can't be done for Intel CPU's) but modern VIA and nForce2 chipset based motherboards can do this to Thoroughbred and Barton cored Athlons without the need to mod the CPU itself.

Comment

don't the i865pe and i875p mobos offer adjustable FSB/DDR ratio? This Abit board I want to buy has 3:2 and 5:4 along with ,duh, 1:1. So theoretically he can use DDR400 and run at FSB1200 with 3:2 and run FSB1000 with 5:4 ratio. I just read this review, cos I have set my mind on buying the abit is7 mobo based on the 865pe, where they ran FSB1200
                        here is the link

Comment

Working...
                        X