What effect would this have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What effect would this have

NO laughing please, well, not aloud anyway. Just toying with a few ideas. I have a timber desk I built myself. The case enclosure sits next to a filing cabinet draw, which is part of the desk. I could easily convert to the pic. Don't guage this to my system specs, a new rig will be in a few days

I'm not totally sure if I understand what's going on. You want to keep the case open all the time and have a big desk fan blowing into it? If that is the case then of course it would keep rather cool. Having the door off will make it cooler in itself, and the big fan will help cooling a lot too. Just be ready to clean dust a little more.

Comment

Thats about the gist of it, I always give my case a blow out with my air compressor at least once a month, so cleanliness not a problem.
      My only thought was with a direct supply of air, that it might gradually increase the temperture, unless I made a grill in the other side of the case [behind the m/b] to let the air flow directly thru.
      C'mon gents, some opinions please :cheers:

Comment

Actually I had never thought of that. There is a possibility but in this case I think the best idea is to just try it. Maybe set up a situation that would mimic what you want to do without having you cut into any desk yet. Then hust see what happens and if you want to apply it to the desk too.

Comment

I have also been thinking the usage of a desk fan to cool my computer, but havenĀ“t tried yet... :rolleyes: Try it out and tell us how it works! ;)

Comment

Ive tried it a few times, but it didnt drop my case tempo, but its room temp without the fan...BUT, it dd drop my CPU temp by about 4C

Comment

CPU Temp by 4 degrees is a good start, with some experimentation if I could double that I'd be happy.
              How does this compare with conventional methods ?: peace2:

Comment

I've tried that before, and I got maybe 2C drop in CPU temp. and maybe 6-8C drop in case temp.

Comment

the way that 99.9% of all the cases made now are designed to give the best cooling with both sides on. the direction of the intake and exhaust fans route the air in the most desirable way but hey try it, it might work.

Comment

Working...
                  X