Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling problem XP1700+

I put my new rig together today. Specs below:D
    After fiddling for 3 hours!!!! I finally got it working.
    But now I am struglling with the temperatures.
    both the CPU and GF3 are above 60 Celsius. I know Asus software likes to give high temperatures, but this is to much.
    Maybe I should buy a new cooler?

Also, in Asus smartdoctor, I keep getting the error that the 3.3V is to low. Around 3.0. Is this a problem with the mobo, or is it more likely to be a problem with the PS?
    My current PS is a Codegen 350x. Yes I know you probably haven't heard of it, but after the GeForce I didn't have much left for the case. Any suggestions on coolers and PS's are very welcome.

BTW I also discovered that my CPU is multiplier unlocked. Is this standard or am I a lucky *******:confused:

It is possible that airflow is a problem. I just changed out motherboards as well and am getting considerably higher temperatures than before. The reason is that the placement of the socket on the motherboard no longer leaves the processor in the main airflow pattern of the case. Looking like I'll have to do some case modding now to get things like they should be. Oh well. :(

Oh... and from what I've been hearing...
    Yes, you ARE a lucky *******. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Not only look at the case airflow but seriously consider replacing the Coolermaster EP5-6I11 as these are really not good enough for Athlons. :(

Have a look for any of these:-
      Arkua -6228
      Dynatron CD1206BM-0
      Vantec CCK-6035D (OCZ Gladiator)
      OCZ Dominator 2

Or if money is not a real concern:-
      Alpha PAL8045
      Akasa Silver Mountain
      Swiftech MCX462
      Thermalright SK-6

Theree not listed in any particular order but all will cool that Athlon much better. ;)
      <center></center>

Comment

Thanx guys, I knew I could rely on the expertise of people on other continents. That's what I call global integration.

Comment

Their steer'n ya strait.....GL, oh are we using AS?

Comment

Working...
          X