Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup i installed the 44.03 driver for my fx 5200 and saw no difference at all..........my fps and benchmarks are almost exaclty the same...WTF did i do wrong ?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?

almost exactly? or did they improve a little. i don't think up-to-date drivers make a huge difference when you had fairly recent ones to begin with

Comment

They should only improve alittle...not alot....
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Well nothing changed at all....it was like i did nothing same fps.....almos t exactly the same benchmark...so yeh

Comment

Not to chase you away from the forums here but you may find more info on driver versions and changes by reading the forums at www.guru3d.com . Last time I checked the newest beta version was at 45.20 (which is what I'm using right now). Seems that most new drivers are a bit of a trade off between IQ (image quality) and FPS (frames per second). Bottom line with nVidia's drivers is that it depends upon what your exact configuration is and what you expect to improve (IQ or FPS) that will determine what the best driver is for you. Newer drivers usually improve both IQ and FPS for me by a very small margin. From what I'm seeing on the forums they are doing some good things for those with FX cards such as yours.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I've said this before but I'll say it again. Not every driver update will give a rise in performance as some will actually give a slight drop but what the drivers are striving for is better reliability/stability and/or to fix probs that affect certain system setups.

Comment

Working...
            X