X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Video in UT 2003 ..Help!

:mad:
    Here it goes. I have an Intel 865PERL Motherboard
    2X 256 Kingston (512) and an Gainward 8X 4200 video card and I'm haveing a great deal of grief running Unreal Tournament 2003.
    The game installs fine, but when I try to get into it this is the error I get:
    --------------------------------
    UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2499 MHz with 510MB RAM
    Video: No Video

unrecoverable error - bombing out

History: UWindowsClient::UWindowsClient <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've installed DX9 and the new nvidia drivers, along with the 2225 update for the game and still the same thing. If I try to load the safe mode opption the same message pops up.
    I could really use some assistance, because it's driveing me nuts.

Thank Guys!

You forgot a little piece of important info.
    What video card do you have?

Chez

Comment

Originally posted by Arkangel
      :mad:
      Here it goes. I have an Intel 865PERL Motherboard
      2X 256 Kingston (512) and an Gainward 8X 4200 video card
      Does that help? :)

Don't know if it will change anything, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Comment

Thanks BEEFY.

ITS LATE......

Comment

:smokin: Yes. I've Tried unintalling and reinstalling with no resalution. The third time of installing I did have a problem with number 2 of 3 disk. After the first install of disk one it asked me for the second disk, when I put it in it would not recognise it and still kept asking me. My only opption was to share the drive on my server and install from the server drive through the net work, funny but it worked. The only differance in cd drive is that the server drive is a burner and the gameing drive is a standaurd Lite-on cd-rom. The first install on the gameing system had no problems reading the disk at all. I searched all over the internet for a fix and found others had the same problem with the video not recognizeing, but no fix. I'm wondering if the new cds could be bad, but they did read perfectly off the burner drive in the server. My only conclusion is bad disks, direct x 9 or the cheesy 300watt powersubly that came with my nice new aluminum case. Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkangel
            If I try to load the safe mode opption the same message pops up.
            This suggests to me that it's not a driver problem. In safe mode the game runs only the basic software options and thus usually if you have a problem in safe mode it is a hardware conflict of some kind.

If you're overclocked obviously set everything to stock speeds, including RAM timings (set to BY SPD or AUTO). Your 300W PS might be a problem, but if you can run other recent games then it's not a major issue. Run 3DMark03 and see if you have problems. If 3DMark runs then you can safely say the problem is specific to UT2003.

Also, make sure that when you uninstall UT2003 that you use Regcleaner to fully clean out your registry, then reboot and reinstall. The disk problems you mention sound very strange, and yes maybe a disk might also be bad.
            My Machine

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that this evening. I have checked the registry everytime after uninstal to make sure it was gone, which it was. And as for 3dmark you did bring up a very good point, when I did use it after compleation of the OS and full driver install it did not work. Sysoft sandra didn't find any problems though and Half-Life and CS works flawlessly, but of course it's not very hardware intensive as Unreal. I'll work on it tonight and get back to you. Thanks again for the reply. I realy needed that second oppinion.

Comment

OK well if 3Dmark2003 doesn't run then it's not a UT2003 problem.

Try my WinXP guides to make sure all your XP settings are correct. Ideally, if nothing else works then the quickest solution is to:

1. Go into your BIOS and make sure all your BIOS settings are correct - use this BIOS Guide for any settings you don't understand. Make sure you disable any unused devices and ports to free up IRQs.

2. Reformat your hard drive using a low-level format.

3. Reinstall Windows, then the Intel INF driver, DX9.0b, Intel AA, sound card driver then graphics driver, and do a defrag. Then follow my XP guide.

If you follow the steps above then you should have a tight system.
                My Machine

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that tonight......

Comment

Finnaly I fixed the problem. It was very simple as always and the first thing I thought of and said...Naaa! This problem right here...:::}

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2499 MHz with 510MB RAM
                    Video: No Video

unrecoverable error - bombing out

History: UWindowsClient::UWindowsClient <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    was caused by my landesk client 6.2 which was used to turn the system on remotely and also monitor the hardware. My OS that I had the client installed is XP Pro and after the first install I would usually back up the info useing the restore option that winXP has. Well before I dove in to format the drive I gave it one last try and restored it back to the begining right after the inf and drivers install. After reinstalling UT it popped in and ran great. Than I installed VNC and firedameon, the game was still sweet. Landesk client was next and thats what stoped the Unreal from starting up. I think it's because landesk keeps monitoring the hardware in the backround and took preidence over the game or hardware. So, if anyone gets anything like the error above I would reconmend to turn off any hardware monitoring programs or, which I'll try tomarrow change unreals priorities higher. Well thanks for all the help guys every bit makes a diferance.

:smokin:

Comment

Thanks again PersianImmortal and I still feel you have a great editorial on Unreal Tournament 2003. It's time for me to check out the next 2004 preview. Let us know what you think.......
                      :shoot3:

Comment

Working...
                      X