Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid 0

Hi there,

Could someone tell me how to get rid of raid?
    because I just want 2 normal hard drives please

thanks.:wave:

That would require going into your RAID bios (typically after normal bios, press something to get in) and deleting an array. You'd then partition and format the hard drives like normal. You would also lose all your data in the process.

May i ask, why do you want to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by JediAgent
      That would require going into your RAID bios (typically after normal bios, press something to get in) and deleting an array. You'd then partition and format the hard drives like normal. You would also lose all your data in the process.

May i ask, why do you want to do this?
      Because I dont think theres much difference in raid and having
      it normal.
      Plus I like my games to be in a different drive and when I redo
      windows i dont have to delete everything.

thanks.

Comment

You can leave it in RAID 0 (and retain the performance you don't see) and just partition the drive in RAID like you would partition a normal drive. It would be like having two drives, but you would keep the performance of RAID 0. And there should be a performance difference. If there isn't there are deeper problems here.

Comment

Originally posted by JediAgent
          You can leave it in RAID 0 (and retain the performance you don't see) and just partition the drive in RAID like you would partition a normal drive. It would be like having two drives, but you would keep the performance of RAID 0. And there should be a performance difference. If there isn't there are deeper problems here.

I will leave raid 0. ( I have No Problems)

thanks for your quick reply.

Comment

Some people like to use the extra IDE channels to be able to install a crazy amount of drives. You can add a master and slave to each one. In your case tho...you should just leave it at your raid config and partition like JediAgent mentioned.
            - Damien

Comment

Working...
            X