Volcano spark 7 or Volcano 7+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano spark 7 or Volcano 7+

I am getting a new chip soon, not for me, for my dad or so. He is getting a 2.8c. And i was wondering which fan is better. A volcano spark 7 or a Volcano 7+, plz answer quick. I need some opinions and some info from people who has these hsf. thanks :cheers:
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

I have the 7+ and I've been 100% happy with it and I think most people in this forum would say get the 7+ But I could be wrong.

Comment

:flames: i am super satisfied with my 7+

giga-byte 8knxpultra
      pentium 4 3.0 ghz 800 FSB
      radeon 9800 256mb
      6 - 512 mb ddr 434
      canopus storm edit 2 / edius
      550 watts true antec
      sony dru 500\
      iiyama 27 inch lcd * 2
      4 80 gigabyte scsi (10000 rpm) hard drives
      cd burner
      audigy 2 platinum

Comment

I like the Volcano 7+ myself as it suits both sides of the fence. :thumb:

Comment

Really the difference in some of these differences in HSF is negledgeable.
          A .02 difference in the cooling specs aren't going to make a big difference, if any at all.
          Especially when price and personal preference is involved. Even if someone doesn't pick a Volcano 7+ or a Spark 7, isn't going to make a noticeable difference. Especially after you add in other items that can impede or help depending on the total case cooling.

Just my personal take.......I think the Volcano 7+ is a lot overated. Especially when the person gets negative comments about their NEW computer upgrade that THEY are happy with purchasing.

I don't think it is fair to downgrade someone who just doesn't like the TT 7+, as do I.

I personally buy products that NOT everyone has in their systems.
          Just because Wiggo swears by them, and the C/W is low, doesn't mean it fits all systems.

Just my personal preference and opinion.

Chez: peace2:

I must also admit I am the type of person that doesn't follow the crowd and just use what a couple people on the net toute as the best. They are a few people out of the billions on the net.
          I like to use something different/unique.
          I don't like having a cookie cutter computer that everyone else has as well. I like to try new things....
          I DEFINETELY post on what to buy, then buy whatever they say without doing my own research and pick the best item that best suits MY computer and my personal preference.

Comment

The thing is though. People like to buy what people have already tried and tested and that have seen good reviews. If you read a review that says the TT 7+ is great but you decide not to buy it just because loads of people have it is a bit silly. You could end up waisting money. I think when people come on here and ask questions like - "TT 7+ or Spark 7" they have already decided what heatsink they want but can't decide between the two. They just need a opinion from someone who has tried the TT 7+ or spark 7 so they won't waist there money.

The reason why so many people have the TT 7+ is because it is a good heatsink that offers great cooling and good value for money not because they want to be one of the crowd. I'm not having a go here just like you this is my personal opinion :thumb: When I had the Coolermaster SE my temps where uncomfortable. Now I have a TT 7+ and they are much lower even with the fan on low.

Ok if no-one tried anything then it would be really hard to move on in the way of technology but hey its only a heatsink.

I agree with you that it is wrong to start slapping someone down because they bought something different but its wrong to have a go at them just because they are happy with a product that people are asking advice on. Sorry for the essay its nearly clocking off time and there isn't much going on here. : peace2: :blah: :shoot3:

Comment

If you read a review that says the TT 7+ is great but you decide not to buy it just because loads of people have it is a bit silly. You could end up waisting money
              My point is EVERYBODIES system is different. Not to mention case cooling and other items that affect overall HSF performance.

The thing I see happening here is there are no other options given to people regardless of what they are running or their own personal needs.

I like to give the other side of the debate. That there are 100's of HSF that will all work well, sometimes better than a V7+. They are not the BEST. There are other options that either work comparable, if not better.
              IF the TT 7+ was the best, you would see reviews that would clearly state that. THAT is NOT the case. There are others that beat it out. They also have design aspect. Which for some people like myself like to use something unique.

Sure a TT 7+ is a nice HSF. My position is that IT isn't the ONLY option.
              I would like to see more people give the newbies an option of the top 5 HSF's so they can make a decision on what they like the best, aestically, price, as well as overall performance.
              IF I went by all the SAME suggestions everytime, I would have a "cookie cutter" pc that a minority of people have.

The bottom line is I think people should be given a few options to pick from. Not just the TT 7+ is the best and only HSF for overclocking.
              Nothing against everyone here, its just my personal preference to give newbies some options that will work adequetely and either equal to or closely to give them some other options.
              Not to mention every system is different and doens't always warrant having a TT 7+ in EVERY system.

Just my :.02:
              No big deal.

It goes the same for cases or any other component. What works for you is great. Although it may not suit everyone's budget, nor there needs for what they are using their computer for.
              :cheers:

That is what is so great about a forum like this. Everyone's suggestions and ideas are GREAT. That is what forum's like this are supposed to be. A universal place someone can come to and find out what the top 5 to ten products they are inquiring and get feedback.

We all have different ideas and suggestions and that is what makes a forum like this work.
              I respect EVERYONE that posts and tries to help a less educated or less knowledgable.

Chez:cheers:

Comment

Nice Debate guys, well i am thinking of a 3rd option, a Vantec AeroFlow. But i am still leaning towards the Volcano 7+ more right now.:cheers:
                CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                SC: Audigy 2 zs
                LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Chezman, I agree with you. People should have access to a whole load of knowledge that enables them to buy (not necessarily the TT 7+ ;) ) but a whole load of other products but I do think that people shouldn't buy something just because other people have it. Nothing against you I think your a top man with a whole load of experience and you know your stuff this is just my :2cents: Nobody wants to see anybodies CPU in :flames: Some people like to offer one side of the debate others like to offer the other side. There are no wrong answers (I was always taught that) just answers that need justifying

I like the TT 7+ because it cools great and is quite - answer justified. You like the Aero 7+ because it cools great and is quite (looks unique too) -answer justified.

:group: :group: :group:

Comment

I dont want to step on any toes here, but I have 2 V7+s in my systems. They are great, let me say that.
                    But looking at practicality of them they suck, because of the use of a 70mm fan, the limit the choices of the fans that I can use to replace it. I got myslef a nice quiet 70mm fan to get rid of the speed controller and I am satisfied. It keeps my CPu cool and its quiet, and less crap in my case. Although the price was a more than I wanted to spend.
                    I also have a V11 which takes 80mm fan and I like it a lot more. The first thing I did was to replace the fan on it too. I got a 24CFM fan and its keeping the CPU cooler than the stock v7+ on med without the noise!!!
                    Also Ive seen so many retailers jackup the price of the V7+ that is just dollars less than v11.
                    I do think that V7+ is overrated, but if its found at 20bux its still the best HSF @ the price.

Comment

Working...
                    X