Win Xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Xp

Recently a friend of mine gave me his WIN home version, and I wanted to try the new WINXP, when I installed it-it was great, upon registering it though which you have to I didn't own it so I got WIN PRO now it won't get past the boot window because messages come pop up fatal problems. I really don't want to lose whats on my hard drive if I can help it. Can some one help me out?

your post if a bit confusing.
    i won't pick up the fact that what you did was wrong i.e. install and register a copy that you did not own (illegal) but anyways lets get on the topic.
    my first question is...did you do an upgrade install i.e. from WinXP Home to WinXP pro? if that is what you did then i m afraid that you couldn't have done a bigger blunder.
    you must do a clean install i.e. format and install.

about saving what you have on your HD...well take your HD to that friend who gave you his WinXP Home and copy everything you want on his HD and then copy it back on your HD after you have a clean install of XP on it but hold on...someone might have a better idea :)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Man that kinda sucks how that would considered illegal...he gave him the Authentic version...not like its a bootleg. O well...
      - Damien

Comment

Working...
      X