Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Audigy sound card

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to upgrade my sound card from Soundblaster Live! to Audigy 2. I like to
    know if it's worth every penny. The Audigy 2 has 24-bit, compared to 16-bit. Does that
    make a big difference? Or is it dependent on your speaker system as well? Currently, I have
    a Altec Lansing ACS54 4.1 speaker system - excellent quality, but want upgrade to either
    a 5.1 or 6.1 depending how much I get back from my tax return.

Cheers,

Johnny.

I went from a SB Live! Value to an Audigy 2 Platinum, and I can definitely hear the difference. Gaming especially has a lot of nice sounds now. Explosions / gun shots sound more realistic, environmental effects are much nicer, and things just seem better. It's hard to explain. There's also some nifty sound effects / processing that the Audigy can do real-time, which I've had a lot of fun with.

Comment

I agree, especially if you have a nice speaker system you will hear a lot more sound and it will be clearer.

Comment

Yes, i know what Beefy is talking about. The realism is great...and the way it sucks you into the game is crazy. You forget where you're at. I remember ( even tho this isn't the best example) i used to play CS non stop with my old Audigy and i was gone. The audigy 2 with a quality game, and quality speakers you have one fun system.

So ya it'll make a difference...the beauty of it is with good speakers (obviously) and with games.
        - Damien

Comment

for even more quality get a home theater set (amplifier and 5 speakers and sub) and connect it to the computer, you'll love the sound i guarantee it!

Comment

Working...
          X