Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Source 5: http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?threadid=1548
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: thats some sweet sh*t. If there is a mod that can replace the little LCD sceen with a real LCd monitor that will be Kick@ss.
            '
            how much is it around?

Comment

looks good on the outside, but I bet the cooling sucks. That HSF looks like a p.o.s. and there is hardly enough room inside for air to circulate. But, if you want it tiny then you should expect some compromises.

Comment

I think the cooling is sufficient for the system. Why? Because I assume not many heavy gamers will buy that thingy and toss a fast and warm vidcard in it.. A good looking thing like that is sweet for home theather pc's and for people with the hots for modern design stuff in their state of the art book shelfs..

Office/web & movies etc is what I'd use that setup for if I had it as it actually looks quite good in my eyes.. :)

Comment

OMFG, I love the thing.
                  Too bad I cant get just the case!
                  The use of LCD is great, although nothing ground-breaking in this design as ive seen use of para/serial LCDs for quite some time. Its always nice to see them come out in the main stream,
                  I also love the BIG knob which i assume is for volume. Nice fit with a stereo equipment.
                  I do agree that cooling sucks on this thing, but I see potential to replace 60mm with 80mm fan on rear, also maybe another one behind the CDroms on the outside.
                  I would give it 10for looks but only 7 for cooling. Although Cooling issues are always tough on SFF.

Comment

kane2g: The pot is multi-purpose, volume, overclocking etc. The motherboard has an OTES cooler, similar to that found on the new Abit IC7-MAX3, see the small fan on back-plate next to the PS2 sockets. As I understand it, this is not the final design, so expect some changes when it starts shipping in September. It is barebones product, so all you get is the case, mainboard and PSU, you have to add everything else yourself.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                        kane2g: The pot is multi-purpose, volume, overclocking etc. The motherboard has an OTES cooler, similar to that found on the new Abit IC7-MAX3, see the small fan on back-plate next to the PS2 sockets. As I understand it, this is not the final design, so expect some changes when it starts shipping in September. It is barebones product, so all you get is the case, mainboard and PSU, you have to add everything else yourself.
                        Thanks weta,
                        Im yet to click on the link to read more about it, but Im sure that if I payed more attnetion I would notice that small fan. BTW thats a tiny one on the psu too.
                        I also gotta go read up on the OTES cooler
                        :o
                        But for now I gotta get back to work.
                        Thanks to THE worm, I got my whole farm that needs to be redone, not to mention all my "friends" that cought the same bug and decided that Im the tech of the week! : omg:

Comment

Abit DD (Digi-Dice) specs

Chipset
                          Intel 865G / ICH5 (ICH5-R optional)
                          Supports Dual Channel DDR 400 Memory
                          Supports Intel Extreme Graphic 2 GPU Controller
                          Supports Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI)
                          Memory
                          Two 184-pin DIMM sockets
                          Supports 2 DIMM Dual Channel DDR 400 memory (Max. 2GB)
                          AGP
                          Accelerated Graphics Port connector supports AGP 8X/4X (0.8V/1.5V)
                          Serial ATA (RAID optional)
                          2 channels Serial ATA 150MB/s data transfer rate via South Bridge (ICH5)
                          2 channels Serial ATA 150MB/s data transfer rate with RAID 0 / 1 via South Bridge (w/ optional ICH5-R)
                          LAN
                          On board 10/100Mbit LAN
                          USB 2.0
                          6 ports USB 2.0 Supports 480 Mb/s data transfer rate
                          IEEE 1394
                          2 ports IEEE1394 Supports 400 Mb/s data transfer rate
                          Audio
                          6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board
                          Professional digital audio interface supports 24-bit S/P DIF Output

OCworkbench

Comment

More coverage below from Quake Con 2003

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                            X