6channel audio on nforce2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6channel audio on nforce2

Hi all sorry if this is a dumb question but how do i go about getting the 6channel audio setup on my asus motherboard. I thought you use the mic and line in as the other 2 channel outputs but im not sure how to do this

any help would be great

Cheers

Heh yeah I was confused by this also! The Rear SPeakers connect to line in, and the Center and Subwoofer cable goes into the mic. PRetty ****ed up! Then you go to Master Volume, and click advanced, then hit up the two checkboxes :D HAve fun

Comment

hi
      i tried this and ticked the box's you said but im still getting no joy from the rear speakers. Dunno whats going on now
      Any help would be spanktastic

Cheers

Comment

what kind of speakers you use? have you run the speaker setup wizard in the nVidia Nforce Control Panel?

i use the A7N8X deluxe, and i connect to how Xboy describes. make sure your connections are right, maybe go to www.nvidia.com and download the "nvswap" utility. give that a whirl..

sorry but the deluxe is a fair bit different ot the non-deluxe, having Soundstorm, and proper 5.1 support.

Comment

i got an epox 8rda+, its got soundstorm right? sounds good anyways so i think it does.

Comment

i ended up getting the alc 650 codec drivers from realtek and this gave me the option to allow 6 channel

Comment

Originally posted by swinger
              i got an epox 8rda+, its got soundstorm right? sounds good anyways so i think it does.
              nah the 8RDA+ doesnt have SoundStorm. it just has the regular Nforce2 APU (audio processing unit). it doesnt have the proper 5.1 compatability, but it should be able to split it up into 6 channels.

try getting the drivers djvanders suggested, could work.

Comment

hmmm thats strange, because when i updated my nforce drivers i looked in the start menu and there was soundstorm program under nvidia. gives you that control panel where you can set the equalizer and stuff.

Comment

im pretty sure the Nvidia Control Panel is the same for both Soundstorm and the standard APU.

Comment

so the 5.1 and other soundstorm stuff just doesnt work? oh yeah. that alc 650 codec driver will give me 6 channel right?

Comment

so the 5.1 and other soundstorm stuff just doesnt work? oh yeah. that alc 650 codec driver will give me 6 channel right?
                      a mate of mine has the 8RDA+ (with a standard APU) but not a 5.1 setup, i am guessing it is capable of splitting the channels into 6, so a 5.1 can work.

im not aware of any SoundStorm specific extras in the Control Panel...:confused:

the ALC codec might give you 5.1 sound. just give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Comment

The 8RDA/+ is 5.1 capable so long as ya setup the sound properties properly (nForce Tray Options) and my Z-560 speaker system sounds great from it.

Comment

ok ill remeber that if i ever get anything that is 5.1 . all i really want right now is the 6 channel so im set, thanks guys

Comment

ok ill remeber that if i ever get anything that is 5.1 . all i really want right now is the 6 channel so im set, thanks guys
                            Ummmm, Swinger? 5.1 IS 6 channels. The .1 refers to the subwoofer...Dolby doesn't consider it a full channel, hence the .1 designation. Dolby has a great site if you ever get confused by all the jargon...I sure have at times :o
                            Or maybe it's just me that's confused???:?:

Comment

yea i dont keep up on all the sound stuff. so thanks for explaining that. what i meant to say is all i want is to be able to use the line-in and mic as other channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X