MSI Fx5600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Fx5600

I'm putting a new system together using some spare parts and all I'm missing is a video card. Current, my two systems have a Radeon 9700 Pro and GeForce4 Ti 4200. My plan was to put a MSI FX5600 128 in the new tower but then I read some comments here that it is slower than the Ti 4200. I don't want to buy something if its gonna be slower something I already have. Tom's Hardware Guide gave the MSI FX5600 Editor's Choice award. What are your thoughts?

I posted here about the new cards coming out this Xmas if you can wait.

Just a suggestion. Then the cards you are looking at will come down in price as well.
    I love my new MSI Ti4800 that I got in my sig, its linked. It also has an overclocker right in the settings window, so that is nice.
    The price is nice too.

I haven't read enough to give you a good comment on the FX5600 though.

I have the same affliction though. I have so many spare parts, I build extra computers just cause I have so many extra parts to build one.
    In fact I have like 3 extra floppies, cdroms, 1600 pali, cases, power supplies. All I need is a video card and a mobo for a 7th computer.
    I NEVER should of threw away my CRT's though!!! They could have come in handy like some people have done with dual monitor setups and stuff for fun!

Have fun,
    Chez

Comment

I do plan on buying whatever the fastest card to get is at the end of the year to replace my Radeon 9700 Pro in my workstation but for now I just wanna spend $150 or less on a card that performs at least as good as my Ti4200 to put in this new box. I think the FX 5600 is what I'm gonna go with. I just don't wanna buy it if I can pay $120 for the Ti4200 128MB and get better performance.

Comment

Ill LYK in a few dyas hos the MSI FX5600 works :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lava Lamp Freak
          I'm putting a new system together using some spare parts and all I'm missing is a video card. Current, my two systems have a Radeon 9700 Pro and GeForce4 Ti 4200. My plan was to put a MSI FX5600 128 in the new tower but then I read some comments here that it is slower than the Ti 4200. I don't want to buy something if its gonna be slower something I already have. Tom's Hardware Guide gave the MSI FX5600 Editor's Choice award. What are your thoughts?

Well I own a Chaintech FX 5600 ULTRA (256 mb) and it rocks! I have had absolutely NO trouble at all with this card. As far as it being slower than a Ti4200 I really don't care about that! Personally, I got this card to be prepared for the newer games that will use DX9. I know there will be other cards out there, but I was rebuilding my system and had to have a card right then, so I chose this one! Besides.....I can always buy an extra Ti4200 8x on ebay if I want , at a lot cheaper than I bought this one.
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Working...
          X