All I see is black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I see is black

Hi guys here's the deal. I have just swapped my AMD pc and the hard drive with P4 so I cab have the Radeon on the AMD pc everything was going great. I updated the drivers for the Radeon un installed the old NVidia ones etc. I also got a much better score on 3d Mark 2001 Se. However I also installed my sound card which is a turtle beach one. I decided to test out BF 1942 and noticed some of the sounds going a bit odd. I decided it was probably something to do with the onboard sound. I checked the system and I hadn't uninstalled the drivers for the onboard sound. I did this rebooted now I get the message on the monitor saying no video input 'wtf !!!' I think. I tried all the connections their fine I tried rebooting still nothing. One time it got up to welcome to Windows then went blank. Now it does it all the time. Any ideas Gentlemen?

Double check the video card to make sure it's in properly (which you've probably already done). The only other thing I can think of is that if you have onboard video, it may be defaulting to that for some reason. Try plugging the monitor into that (if it exists). If not, then I'm not sure.

Comment

Ok here is what I have done.

I have tried using a different power supply (incase the other one has gone bad) I've tried a different graphics card, I've tried a different monitor. I'm not getting any system beeps now. Before it would beep and I could hear it loading windows (the little tune it plays on entry into windows) but I wouldn't be able to see anything now the 'puter hangs before it even posts. I also tried resetting CMOS. Its sods law just as I decide to sell my pentium 4 PC the AMD one goes out on me. I'll have to try the motherboard outside of the case maybe its shorting on something??

BTW The motherboard has already been replaced once before as it did basically the samething, although it did almost as soon as I turned it on this has been running for at least 4 months without any trouble.

Any other ideas people. Thanks for the reply Beefy but unfortuantly it has no onboard video D'oh! : omg:

Comment

Similiar problem with me, I bought a ASUS board, the one that everyone loves. I try to put my 1.5p4 in but i got no response, and i did everything Neil did. So i thought it was the motherboard, so i returned it to get the Intel Perl. Same problem went on for that board to, so my dad said, it might be the CPU. Took a few months on saving than got a 2.4cghz. Went through all that trouble, i was VERY :grr: :shoot3: :snip:
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I hoping it might be the AGP slot. I'm going to borrow a PCI card and try that. I think my Motherboard has gone past its warrenty :grr: I'll probably have to do without a PC for a while and save up and get another one. :cry:

Comment

just a hunch but trie diffrent ram, as i had a similar prob in a 500 k6 a year or 2 a go,,,

good luck:bounce:

Comment

Working...
            X