windows logon screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows logon screen

i have style xp and i dled a start up screen. then i applied it as my logon screen and it works great. here is the problem....when i reboot my pc it shows the loadsing windows XP screen which is normal...then it shows a HP screen (i have an hp pavilion ze5200 laptop) then it goes to my logon screen. is there anyway to get rid of that hp invent screen that shows up??

thanx, Tom

Are you sure it shows the HP screen AFTER the windows screen?
    Just curious, cause I have a Sony Vaio, and it shows the Sony screen first then goes into the Window boot process. I also have changed my Logon. Although I don't know how to get rid of the Sony screen popping up 1st.
    I assume it is actually a part of the Bios on my particular computer.

Chez

EDIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yep, makes sense. Mine is setup a little different. Although I am not sure how to get either one so they don't show up.

I tried while I was messing around with the registry to get the logon to work. Not too hard though. I am sure its in there, where is the key. lol

Comment

Originally posted by TomDlgns
      i have style xp and i dled a start up screen. then i applied it as my logon screen and it works great. here is the problem....when i reboot my pc it shows the loadsing windows XP screen which is normal...then it shows a HP screen (i have an hp pavilion ze5200 laptop) then it goes to my logon screen. is there anyway to get rid of that hp invent screen that shows up??

thanx, Tom

well it shows an hp screen (black background white text)then it says i can push f2 for setup and another key for something else....then it shows the mem info and all that other good stuff....

then the win xp with the scrolling bar shows up

then an HP invent screen with the background being a purple color with a water ripple effect

then my christina logon screen

then my desktop

i hope that makes sense...

Tom

Comment

nm, i figured it out guys......

Tom

Comment

and you mind telling us how you did that? :?:
          its always good to share something that you found out as it will help future users with same problem.
          :cheers:
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
            and you mind telling us how you did that? :?:
            its always good to share something that you found out as it will help future users with same problem.
            :cheers:
            my bad.....

i went into the registry and did this

navigate to HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\DESKTOP.

Look for the Wallpaper entry in the right pane.

Double click this entry and type in (None).

Exit and reboot.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X