Defrag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defrag?

Is there any way to automatically do a defrag, scheduled say once a week or something?

sure, pay for a program like Diskeeper (not Diskeeper Lite)

Comment

I think you can create a scheduled task in Windows, there should be something in control panel about scheduled tasks :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by theyneverknew
        I think you can create a scheduled task in Windows, there should be something in control panel about scheduled tasks :cheers:
        yup yup...but don't forget to add the drive letter (for which you want the defrag to take place) in the advanced properties of that job :thumb:
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
          sure, pay for a program like Diskeeper (not Diskeeper Lite)
          if you like Diskeeper Lite over simple "defrag" then you can schedule it to run whenever you want. why would you want to pay? :?:
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I said that because Diskeeper Lite doesn't have any scheduling options, creating a scheduled task never accoured to me

Comment

well i have a question. not related to this but oh well...
              do you think Diskeeper Lite is better than normal defrag? actually defrag does the job for me but have heard lot abt this proggy. u think it works better? (i guess u r using it)
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

======================
              =======================
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

absolutly, imo windows defrag is crap. Download Diskeeper Lite and degrag with Windows Defrag before you use it, then defrag with Diskeeper Lite... the results speak for themsleves :thumb:

Comment

Having used Diskeeper Lite for a while now I can tell you that it does defrag a lot faster than the built in application. As to if it does a better job ... I'm not really sure. So far my system has been happy with it.

Only reason that I switched over was when my son installed one too many programs on my old hard drive and no matter how much I deleted XP's defrag utility said it required more empty space to work .... Diskeeper Lite had no such problem and fixed the disk up again.
                  Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

kewl...i'll have to try it then :devil win
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

======================
                    =======================
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Norton has a verygood defrag utilityhere

Comment

systemworks? no way... Norton makes a good AV, but they should have stoped there. Systemworks caused far more problems than it fixed or prevented

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                          systemworks? no way... Norton makes a good AV, but they should have stoped there. Systemworks caused far more problems than it fixed or prevented
                          really...haven;t had any problems with them now...but i do remember way back when ...i didn;t know how to use and i just messed my comp up. Now...seems like i have no probs with. Firewall seems fine, AV is cool, and Works seems to do the job.
                          I am sure you would know how to work with Nrton...but what exactly did Norton do...maybe i can learn something new...
                          - Damien

Comment

it's been years since I even owned Norton AV, longer since I used SystemWorks.. so I couldn't give you specifics even if I wanted to. But I do know that it caused quite a mess and required a format to really fix it.

Comment

seems like a user error to me:devil win

Comment

Working...
                              X