Bad Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Ram?

I HAVE A MAJOR problem.......i think my ram is f@#%ed.......when i put it by SPEED which is frequency of 200.....my hdd wont start up ...but when i lower the frequence to like 160.. Windows starts up fine...i was just wondering?.....did the company i bought my computer **** me over by giving me DDR 400 when my computer cant handle it?

[Admin] Watch ya language.

Simple, your AGP/PCI frequencies go off. Or, your mobo doesnt set the SPD right.

Comment

WEll can someone give me the Average frequency for DDR 333 and DDR 400 ram......and what do u mean AGP/PCI freq go off??!

Comment

the PCI bus frequency goes out of whack with the FSB being so high. As for the timings, that all depends on your RAM, some is 3-3-3-9 while others may be 2-2-2-6

Comment

What brand and model is your RAM? :?:

Comment

Run Memtest86 and see what that reports about ya memory.

Comment

The same thing happened when I went over this dudes house to fix his computer. If your Motherboard has an 'ultra' option uncheck that, because it will overclock the proc. and the mem. Not all system components can handle this. Then you should be able to get full speed out of your RAMz0r! :afro:

Comment

Working...
              X