CPU fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU fans

I am building a new system and so far I have an ABIT IC7-G motherboard and 2.6 P4. I am debating on whether I should use water or air cooling. I am kinda scared to try water cooling because of the risk of it leaking and losing everything. Can anyone give me some advice on a good and relatively quiet fan for overclocking this setup. I also plan on purchasing either Corsair XMS 3700 or XMS 4000 DDR RAM. The machine I have now is too loud and I am going deaf so if I do go with air cooling I would like something quieter.
    Thanks for the replies in advance.

Well if you want quiet your gonna want the water setup...the next best thing I can recommend is the Aeroflow. I think its quiet, however a lot of people complain of the noise.

Basically anything that cools good enough to overclock really high is gonna be loud.

Comment

If I do use watercooling, is it better to buy the whole kit or buy the pieces seperately. And which company makes the best kits?

Comment

Most kits are created to give the manufacturer the best profit margin possible. This usually equates to using smaller diameter tubing and smallish radiators. To get the job done right, you're better off buying individual components and making your own water cooling system. This also ensures the job is done right since you're doing it yourself.

Danger Den and similar companies offer up some decent water setups, so this might be a good place to start your research.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X