9800np to 9800pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9800np to 9800pro

I have recently gotten a 9800np , as well as Rage3d.

My question is :
    To overclock this board(made by Ati) to act like a 9800pro, will I need to get heatsinks for the memory? Also , is the stock cooling good enough to take the overclock ?

Searched for the answer , but could not find it :rolleyes2

The stock cooler will be fine for 9800 pro speeds, and probably a decent o/c even after that.

Ramsinks don't do a damn thing to help your o/c. At all. They're not worth the cash.

Comment

i wont say ram heatsinks wont help, but they only help like a few mhz, and in few i mean like 2-5mhz. of u arent liking the stock cooler, then u can maybe get a zalman video card heatpipe cooler with a fan on the side.

have fun OCIng

P.S u can try the penny cooler at Afrotech.com

Comment

Sov you just say that because your vid memory blows, of course it doesn't help your OC :).

But others it will....especially people running 1000mhz GDDR......

Comment

Actually, I don't mind the stock heatsink/fan on the gpu :)

I was just trying to see if others had attempted to OC a 9800np to 9800pro (without modifying the cooling)..... I am fearful of damaging the card/chips .....So I can simply crank the dial up in Rage 3d ?

Why do they even sell the 9800 pro's then ? I could be wrong, but there is roughly a $100 difference between the np and pro.

Can the 9800pro be OC'd even higher ? above 400mhz or so ?

This has definitely been a learning process for me :)

Comment

Originally posted by WilyCoder
            Actually, I don't mind the stock heatsink/fan on the gpu :)

I was just trying to see if others had attempted to OC a 9800np to 9800pro (without modifying the cooling)..... I am fearful of damaging the card/chips .....So I can simply crank the dial up in Rage 3d ?

Why do they even sell the 9800 pro's then ? I could be wrong, but there is roughly a 0 difference between the np and pro.

Can the 9800pro be OC'd even higher ? above 400mhz or so ?

This has definitely been a learning process for me :)
            Yep.

EDIT whoa your talking about the core? Ive seen them at 530......480 on air.

Comment

Working...
            X