Radeon 9800 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9800 pro

I have the 9800 pro and i would like to know how to overclock it..im a newbie so give me a chance..thanks:mad:

Comment

or better yet, go to rage3d.com

Comment

ok right on, i downloaded the rage3d and im not sure what to do with the clock speed and that. i read the help me thing and it said if i rasied it to much then i could seriously screw up your hardware so i dont know what settings to put it at..do i go up just a little bit by bit and wait until the game crashes or waht..thanks for the links by the way...

Comment

Up it maybe 5mhz at a time and run some games. If you see artifacts or crashing back it down.

Comment

ok right on man thanks...im guessing that is for the core clock and memory clock?

Comment

Well I just overclocked my 9800 pro and got it to
              Core Clock: 465 MHz
              Memory Clock: 364.50 MHz

Changed the cooling to a heatpipe too.
              Just a bit of heads up. Tells us what you get i to. :thumb:

Comment

ahh see thats my prob i dont have a cooling system..im looking around for one, good but sorta cheap...im not gonna put it up to high just cause the fact i have no cooling.:mad:

Comment

Originally posted by DraGoN-BoY
                  Well I just overclocked my 9800 pro and got it to
                  Core Clock: 465 MHz
                  Memory Clock: 364.50 MHz

Changed the cooling to a heatpipe too.
                  Did you use the Zalman or the TT? I just got in copper RAMsinks for my 9800 Pro, but for now still have the stock Sapphire cooler. Any other cooler recommendations for this GPU? I don't mind the noise factor of an active fan.
                  :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                  X