wireless problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless problem

Hi All, OK I have a Dell wireless router a Dell laptop & a Dell PC. the modem is a slipstream 5100. The isp can ping the router. I can connect to the internet from the PC & the laptop if I don't go through the router. If I connect the router, I can't connect to the net with the PC or the wireless laptop. It all used to work until a parasite took over my home page. I got rid of the parasite and got the pc back on the net. Do I have to do something to the router also? If so what? Thanks for any help you can give. ED:smokin::confused:

I have little experiance with routers but Ill tell ya what I know.

If it worked before, Im sure its not the problem but did you set it up via the web-based setup? Youll have to go to the IP of your router (usually set to 198.162.0.1 or 198.162.1.1 or somthing like that).

You may need to re-enter your username/pass (Im assuming thats DSL? In my city the slipstreams are DSL i think..) You may also need to open a DMZ (De-Militarized Zone) in order to get out of your network.

Did you check on the dell site for help on the router? Thats always the best resource.

Thats all I can think of now. Not much help but its worth looking into. Have Fun!

Comment

I would wonder how you got rid of the parasite? Did whatever you used to rid yourself of it make changes to your setup?

Check the router settings like Dyck15 said. It sounds like some of your ports may have been blocked.

Comment

Thanks guys Yeh it's DSL. I'll check when I get home from work and get back to you. Thanks Ed:D

Comment

Working...
        X